San Andreas no sound effects HELP

rive22

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey, I just bought San Andreas for PC. I have all the required hardware, everything updated, codecs, directx, everything, but the sound effects in the game don't work. I even reinstalled. Has anybody else had this problem? The only sound that works is the Radio, no cell phone, no walking, fighting, vocals, crashing, nothing. The game gets so boring within 5 minutes without sound effects. I looked online for patches and info and couldn't find anything, almost as if I'm the only one that's ever had this problem. I just wrote rockstar waiting to hear back, thought I would post here too. Can anybody help?

Last edited:
I had a similar problem, and found out an update of my sound blaster card fixed the problem.

I have the same problem but it didnt do it a couple days before it for some reason wierd I know.

I may update my audigy 2 driver and see if it works.

there is an official patch for the game that fixes those glitches... look for it at fileplanet

i have a x-fi xtreme music card but i don't have the problems you described

get the most updated drivers for your sound card... see if that fixes the problem

Thanks guys. I looked for patches on fileplanet and the only ones i could find were for some hotcoffee mod or something. nothing else, anyway i installed and nothing. i also updated to latest sound card drivers still nothing =/

i've tried that several times. reinstalled game a few times, sound card drivers, the patch. everything completely up to date. all a few times. reboot. still nothing. not trying to sound like im complaining i just want to figure it out, i appreciate your guys help. rockstar of course hasn't written me back. owell if i can't figure it out this week im just going to sell the game and say screw it.

ok i guess what i installed before was a mod not a patch, so uninstalled everything, reinstalled the game again. and this is what pops up when i try to install the patch, then it doesn't complete. even tho im trying to patch the correct file in the correct location.

gta.jpg

I had this same problem too. It worked fine the first couple of times I ran the game, then it stopped with the sound effects. I installed that mod as well and didn't do anything. I even called Rockstar and that was what he told me to do. What pissed me off was they have *no* offical game forums. I asked the guy why and he couldn't give me an answer. I told him that it would've been easier tech support for their game if they had some kind of forum for people to go to.
Whatever.

I gave up and uninstalled it.
:(

If you find a solution, post it!

thanks

Back