Samsung Ultimate Test Drive - GO!!

mi7chy

2[H]4U
http://promo.samsungpromotions.com/ultimatetestdrive/

https://samsungpromotions.com/ultimatetestdriveoffers/

https://samsungpromotions.com/ultimatetestdriveoffers/en-us/FAQ

Who else is in on the $1 test drive? Got mine yesterday. It comes with a pre-activated SIM so you can forward your number to and USB OTG cable to connect back to back to iPhone for easily transferring data using Smart Switch app.

20150826_140236_zpsyudnah8i.jpg

Last edited:
Updated OP with FAQ. Explains why it's not taking my email in the 2nd link.

Last edited:
Make sure you send it back with the S-Pen in backwards. :p

Reading all these iPhone users, popping their cherries on their first Android device :) But so sad that their first experience is with Touchjizz. It's like getting banged for the first time, by the creepy big guy.

I bet if these same iPhone users had their first shot at a stock vanilla GPE Note 5, it would be a radically different story. Stock Android is beautiful, stock Android is super fast and fluid, stock Android is good looking, and artistic.

Touchwizz, ugh :(

I will say HTC's Sense UI is the 2nd best out there after stock Android. Sense is actually super fast and very smooth, doesn't take up a crap load of space, and a million times nicer than Touchwiz. Too bad HTC is shooting themselves, with the lackluster One M9, hopeful they can get a out nice product again this Winter / Spring.

Can't test Android if a bunch of Android users abuse it. I wonder how many actually are iPhone users and how many just used a switching service or an old iPhone that they never use (like OP).

Can't test Android if a bunch of Android users abuse it. I wonder how many actually are iPhone users and how many just used a switching service or an old iPhone that they never use (like OP).

Those bastard Android users. They figured out a way by installing user agent switcher before iOS users can access it directly. Now we missed the opportunity to get another $100 trade-in plus $100 Google credit from Samsung on top of $200-300 trade-in from carrier/stores. But at least they shared the info didn't they?

Last edited:
Make sure you send it back with the S-Pen in backwards. :p

Being an iPhone user, he/she will probably try talking into the Stylus like it's a microphone and then wonder why nothing happens.

Reached base two of my test drive.

It was really a tough decision between 3.5" and 5.7" but finally picked up a black sapphire Note 5 over the weekend. It's a South Korean made one just like my Note II and important since I follow current world events so would rather my purchasing power support a true US allie that doesn't intrude on other Asian countries' territories so bye bye China made Galaxy S6. The screen is perfect whereas my test Note 5 is a little whiter on the right half but all other colors are fine.

Need to return the test unit and trade in my iPhone 4 while it still has any value left. Right now it's worth $20 at Best Buy but I'm going to take a gamble and hold out closer to Apple announcement on Sept 9 for another Best Buy $100 trade-in gift card for any iPhone offer. Thinking about using that towards the new 8" Galaxy Tab S2 which has a $100 trade-in on any tablet that's in their trade-in system offer of its own making it $299. Hate Samsung for making products I want to buy and Best Buy for these deals.

20150831_133613a_zps0awjupbs.jpg

Last edited:
Returned my test unit earlier this month so they finally white listed my email for the rewards last week. Submitted and was expecting to hear back in 8 to 10 weeks but today a company made me profitable. Not bad for getting to play with a new toy and trading in my junker iPhone. Tried to do a partial screen capture on Windows to mask out info but it ended up being much easier on the new Note 5. :cool:

2015-09-30%2022.12.23_zpshpu23yjo.jpg

Yeah, using the snipping tool or print-screening and pasting into Paint is pretty hard to do in Windows. :p

When I print-screen, paste into Paint, cut out what I want with selection tool then paste into new it shows up as a tiny thumbnail. Snipping tool has limited editing capabilities so would've had to jump back and forth between it and Paint. Like I said much easier on the Note 5.

When I print-screen, paste into Paint, cut out what I want with selection tool then paste into new it shows up as a tiny thumbnail.

All you have to do is draw over it in paint like you did on the Note and save it. No need to cut/paste again.

Cutting out what I need is easier and quicker than painting over the perimeter with my personal info that I want to mask. Not difficult to understand.

This could be cool for my dad, who definitely wants to stay with the Note family (has a 3 at the moment). As for me, I just switched from the Turbo to the 6s. I doubt I'll go back to Android, though I did enjoy the time I had with the Note 3 and Droid Turbo.

Best phone ever is virtually free at this point. There's also a free wireless charger waiting as soon as Verizon stop dragging their feet on enabling Samsung Pay.

20151008_205203_zpsmasvr7i0.jpg

Last edited:
Back