Samsung still forcing bloatware on their phones

Off topic, but when I went to Best Buy to look at the S23 Ultra, I also looked at the iPhone 14 Pro Max, even though I'm not a fan of iOS, but one thing I do like is how each individual app can have specific custom settings for certain things, and for me, as I get older, my eyesight isn't what it used to be, ugh. But when I had the 12 Pro Max a couple years ago, I liked how I could adjust the font size per app. Some apps I could see just fine at default, other apps I liked to increase the font size to see and read it better, and in iOS it allowed me to do that.

On my Pixel 7 Pro I have never seen that option, and if it is there, would love to know how to do it. Even Chrome or Brave browsers, I go into the Settings - Accessibility and increase the font size to 200%, but... it doesn't change anything really, it still the same size, except maybe some titles or labels might be extra large, but articles still look tiny and small. But with Safari browser I can set it to a larger font, and it actually changes it.

So as much as I don't like iOS, certain settings and apps are just better than on Android

I dont' remember what I had on pixel, but there is an android option for OS wide text size on my S22. There is also Bixby vision, not used it just heard of it and saw it in the marketing, used for accessability. And there is a magnification shortcut to map to a physical key after looking just now.

Back