SAMSUNG S27B350H Vs. HP 2711x

Howdy folks,

I am in need of your assistance... any savvy computer users out there familiar with either of these monitors? I'm leaning towards the HP 2711x because of the great reviews, and great glossy screen..... however 1 BIG issue is that the bezel and stand are just plan UGLY! ;) This monitor will be the cherry on top of my new PC build.

So then I stumble upon this bad boy... the Sammy S27B350H with it's sexy red bezel and stand... now that's a center piece! Anyhow, I don't really know too much about the actual picture quality on the Sammy.. does it have a Matt finish? How does the screen compare to the HP?

Anyone have experience with both? I will be using this monitor primarily for PC & and console gaming.

SAMSUNG S27B350H
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001551&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-24-001-551-_-Homepage

HP 2711x

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176195&Tpk=hp%202711x

Thanks in advance fellas! I know I can count on you

- Retromangia

Hi Retromangia,

I have the 2711x. It's a great monitor, but you have to overlook a couple of things, provided they are important to you:

1. The glossy display reflects badly during the day if you have windows behind you.
2. It uses a power brick, which to me isn't that big of a deal, but may be to others.
3. Lack of stand adjustments

However, the picture quality is great for a TN. My seating distance is approx 2 ft, and I don't notice any gamma shifting that is often reported with 27" TN's. I may just not be sensitive to it.

No noticeable input lag, and I'm a heavy gamer.

I haven't tried with a PS3 or 360, but I can't imagine it being a poor performer. It does have HDMI/DVI ports, so you can have them hooked up along with your PC.

Sorry, but I have no experience with the Samsung S27 panel.

thanks for the quick reply Wilo! Does the bezel look as ugly in real life as it does in the pictures?

So far that's +1 for the HP.. keep the comments a comin :)

Retromangia,

To me, the bezel doesn't look bad at all. It's all a matter of personal preference.

I was looking at these two monitors also at a local Costco. They were set side by side and looking at them for a while I would have to say the Samsung looked better. Viewing angles were the same but it seemed like the Samsung colors popped more than the HP. Eventhough I liked the HP glossy screen the colors and contrast seemed better on the Samsung.

Back