Samsung Odyssey OLED G95SC 49" DQHD (5120 x 1440) 240Hz UltraWide Curved Screen Gaming Monitor

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member

Samsung Odyssey OLED G95SC 49" DQHD (5120 x 1440) 240Hz UltraWide Curved Screen Gaming Monitor $1100.00​

https://www.microcenter.com/product...-240hz-ultrawide-curved-screen-gaming-monitor

1712679988781.png

I have the original G9, and I'm thinking about dipping into the OLED version. Anyone do the same?

I have the original G9, and I'm thinking about dipping into the OLED version. Anyone do the same?

I have multiple of both (I purchase ultrawides for all of my engineers at work) and I actually pretty strongly prefer the normal G9 Neo in several ways. For me, the best monitor of all is the 57in Samsung, but the old G9 Neo is very good for productivity. I will caveat this will the fact that I don't really care about gaming performance lately since I simply don't have time to game.

The original G9 has significantly better text to my eyes, it does much better in brightly lit environments, the more aggressive curve is more to my preference, and you don't have to deal with a bunch of Smart TV bullshit that the OLED has. On the flipside, the glossy screen on the OLED makes colors look deeper and the motion smoothness is in theory better. It would be a great gaming screen, no doubt - but personally I don't game much these days.

It really depends on your use case.

Reactions: izx
like this
I have multiple of both (I purchase ultrawides for all of my engineers at work) and I actually pretty strongly prefer the normal G9 Neo in several ways. For me, the best monitor of all is the 57in Samsung, but the old G9 Neo is very good for productivity. I will caveat this will the fact that I don't really care about gaming performance lately since I simply don't have time to game.

The original G9 has significantly better text to my eyes, it does much better in brightly lit environments, the more aggressive curve is more to my preference, and you don't have to deal with a bunch of Smart TV bullshit that the OLED has. On the flipside, the glossy screen on the OLED makes colors look deeper and the motion smoothness is in theory better. It would be a great gaming screen, no doubt - but personally I don't game much these days.

It really depends on your use case.

I love my 57! It's a work productivity titan and I enjoy gaming on it too!

Back