Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 57" 7680x2160 super ultrawide (mini-LED)

Preorders seem to be popping up for various European countries at least.

2599 euros in Finland. This is similar to the launch price of the original Neo G9.

Brits seem to have the best preorder deal from Samsung as they get a Jet Bot robot vacuum cleaner thrown in as an extra.

Roughly the same price in Sweden even though it is a bit hard to compare as our Swedish krona has really tanked the last year. Seems most Samsung TVs are now offered with either that vacuum cleaner, some miniprojector, the frame 43 or the S9 Tab. Funnilly enough, they also have some high end soundbar (990C if I remember correctly) which includes a gift costing almost as much as the soundbar itself.

Edit: Apparently it seem to be in stock already available to order.

Edit 2: Even in stock at retailers it seems like https://www.inet.se/produkt/2223478/samsung-57-odyssey-g9-mini-led-duhd-1000r-240-hz

Last edited:
Roughly the same price in Sweden even though it is a bit hard to compare as our Swedish krona has really tanked the last year. Seems most Samsung TVs are now offered with either that vacuum cleaner, some miniprojector, the frame 43 or the S9 Tab. Funnilly enough, they also have some high end soundbar (990C if I remember correctly) which includes a gift costing almost as much as the soundbar itself.

Edit: Apparently it seem to be in stock already available to order.

Edit 2: Even in stock at retailers it seems like https://www.inet.se/produkt/2223478/samsung-57-odyssey-g9-mini-led-duhd-1000r-240-hz
Yeah it's shown up at one retailer here as well. WIth a whopping 4 units in stock.

Samsung's website seems to have been having issues all day and atm doesn't even show prices for a lot of stuff. No preorder bonuses to be seen either.

Yeah it's shown up at one retailer here as well. WIth a whopping 4 units in stock.

Samsung's website seems to have been having issues all day and atm doesn't even show prices for a lot of stuff. No preorder bonuses to be seen either.
Kind of wish that it wasn't in stock as I am starting to feel the urge baaaaad. I even find myself thinking if you could do a Neo G9 57" with a 65" QN900B above it :D

Reactions: elvn
like this

View: https://youtu.be/XoXV1Xb-1FM?si=4WXQz0HqPkaXuFM7

First review. Just over 1600nits 10% window and 925nits full field. Has overshoot galore though like the Neo G9 which was a total deal breaker for me.

Looks like the only reason it didn't meet HDR1400 spec is the full screen flash requirement.

Isn't Samsungs always brighter than the sun though until the first mandatory firmware update and then seems to go down substantially?

What might kill it for anything but gaming is AG filter though...what do we know about that?

Reactions: Vega
like this
Isn't Samsungs always brighter than the sun though until the first mandatory firmware update and then seems to go down substantially?

What might kill it for anything but gaming is AG filter though...what do we know about that?
I don't think this has ever been true. If anything the opposite, G9 Neo got brighter after firmware update.

I don't think this has ever been true. If anything the opposite, G9 Neo got brighter after firmware update.
Wasn't there a promise of 2000 nits for the last gen Neos that they couldn't get near in the real world? I am talking about pre-release / review samples firmware, not the ones for general usage.

Wasn't there a promise of 2000 nits for the last gen Neos that they couldn't get near in the real world? I am talking about pre-release / review samples firmware, not the ones for general usage.
Every Samsung monitor up until this one has fabricated brightness figures that are only achievable on test slides and not real content. This time around they went to VESA to get it certified so it had to perform as advertised and it seems as though it does.

Linked on redirt hours ago. In korean but you get an idea of the size/scope of the thing, and the values on the charts are obvious enough even without auto-translate set up in the cogwheel for closed captions. But auto translate works too.

Posted by
u/Butosai111
6 hours ago

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoXV1Xb-1FM&t=137s

Edit: he complains about having to get a new desk and says not to blindly trust monitor arms because the center of gravity is different. Idk why people are so oblivious to using a rail spine tv stand on the floor. It would work fine with his desk, butted up against it with the foot on the floor instead of that giant foot on his desk he's complaining about taking up all the space.

Last edited:
Edit: he complains about having to get a new desk and says not to blindly trust monitor arms because the center of gravity is different. Idk why people are so oblivious to using a rail spine tv stand on the floor. It would work fine with his desk, butted up against it with the foot on the floor instead of that giant foot on his desk he's complaining about taking up all the space.
With any monitor arm it's the tilt portion that is the issue and many TV stands don't even support any tilt functionality so you need to basically nail it in place at the right angle etc. Which might be fine.

Not a good option for sit-stand desks either unless you buy a pricy motorized model.

I'm hoping Ergotron HX will be able to support it.

Sit stand is asking a lot for the size this screen is reaching heh. I's wider than a 55" tv. It's around 6" wider across the base than the 55" 1000R arc.
His "desk" looks like it was a table and not a sit/stand in that vid, and he was playing games on that table in some scenes. He did have a different desk with black legs in other scenes that very well may have been sit/stand though, not certain b/c he was sitting in front of where the controller would be.

The part he was complaining about the size of the monitor's foot was showing a static table. A simple flat footed rail spine TV stand would be practically this same setup but with the foot moved to the floor instead of being on the top surface. It would prob benefit from being able to increase the distance a little more from where he'd have to sit to use those peripherals too.

57suw-korean-ss_1.png

57suw-korean-ss_2.png

==========================================

I don't see why you'd ever need to move the screen day to day personally other than nearer or farther and if you needed that some stands have caster wheels, or desk with caster wheels for that matter but different people have different needs. However even if you had it on a giant ergotron monitor arm you'd probably have to stand up and use two hands to move it around. I have a few giant ergotron arms and large 43" screens. It's no one finger push operation.

Manus_ATONATON_Madeline_1_xs.gif

Last edited:
I'm going to sell my PG32UQX in anticipation of this as soon as we get word of 240hz working over HDMI with DSC. I'd be ok with it even at 120hz but the fluidity on desktop of 240hz is amazing.

Reactions: elvn
like this
2x less FoV movement blur at 240fpsHz vs 120fpsHz too (and 120fpsHz vs 60fpsHz similarly). Aka motion clarity increase.
240fpsHz solid has half the blur vs 120fpsHz solid. Solid rates as minimums are usually used when people view it for testing purposes but the same relationship would happen with similar variable graph shapes at averages double each other. (e.g. varying 200fpsHz average would have half the blur of 100fpsHz average, but 240fpsSolid would be the lowest sample-and-hold blur the screen would be capable of (without BFI/strobing tech - which has it's own considerable tradeoffs)

from blurbusters.com

okw997S.png

The smoothness factor for sure though, aka motion definition increase. Like more dots per dotted line curve, more unique cells in an animation flip book flipping that much faster. The motion definition~smoothness factor prob has diminishing returns after 200 - 240fps. Just guessing. But the blur reduction could continue to benefit from huge increases in the future.

Last edited:
Those are appreciated but they all seem to be showroom floor pictures. Doesn't look like they actually have one of their own to test with like the korean youtube video guy had. Looking forward to more in-house reviews as more of these start to ship.

Last edited:

As socali said, its quiet the opposite. I had the Neo G9 and after the first few firmwares the brightness got gradually brighter and hdr performance better. Not substantialy, but noticeably better atleast.

Man, i really wanted this monitor, I set money aside specifically for this but now I am having second thoughts for a few reasons.

Mainly, i don't want to lose tons of fps by running dual 4K res as compared to currently running 4K. I have a RTX 4090, and it runs well on max detail graphics @ 4K on my LG42 oled, but thinking about losing tons of fps is starting to make me not want the new Neo G9, atleast until next gen GPUs.

As socali said, its quiet the opposite. I had the Neo G9 and after the first few firmwares the brightness got gradually brighter and hdr performance better. Not substantialy, but noticeably better atleast.

Man, i really wanted this monitor, I set money aside specifically for this but now I am having second thoughts for a few reasons.

Mainly, i don't want to lose tons of fps by running dual 4K res as compared to currently running 4K. I have a RTX 4090, and it runs well on max detail graphics @ 4K on my LG42 oled, but thinking about losing tons of fps is starting to make me not want the new Neo G9, atleast until next gen GPUs.

I'd wait to see if you can run central resolutions on it at some point, and how well other widescreen fixes/windowed modes work etc. A good usage case for these would be running a 32" 4k rez 1:1px or slightly wider centrally but still getting 2x4k in bezel-free desktop/app real-estate outside of games. That along with some easy to render games full screen, lower demand ones, some older ones (though you can crank settings on some of those too, or w/mods heh), and some isometrics, etc.

Nvidia 5000 series prob won't drop until 2025 and by that time there might be better full bandwidth dp 2.1 ports on the gpu and on 2025 and upcoming post 2025 screens, (amd gpu's dp 2.1 and this screen's are at 54 Gbps, vs. Hdmi 2.1's 48 Gbps.. not the full dp 2.1 spec's 80 Gbps). There will be advances in OLEDs for sure and just guessing but maybe higher FALD densities, peaks, etc.

So yeah there's no huge reason to get these other than that they are 240hz and have a lot more screen real-estate. I wouldn't blame you for skipping on it.

What I'd really like someday is a 8k ark format , 55" but even at 65" considering the PPI. . . with the ability to run higher Hz in a window/tile while utilizing the rest of the screen for other things. Like a multi-monitor setup w/o bezels, just a wall. (With a few games full screen using AI upscaling, frame gen, etc )

Last edited:

As mentioned above, I was refering to promised brightness and review samples.

Cant you just run a lower 16:9 resolution without scaling?

You are basically describing why I got an 8K TV. If only it had had the option to disable scaling...

When is this supposed to be released in the US? My Samsung Neo G9 is nice but this one would be an ideal replacement for that monitor. :)

Pretty sure it supports 3840x2160 @ 240hz out the box. The question is can we get 5120x2160 @ 240hz with some EDID/CRU tweak in order to make some very demanding games more playable.

I'm not interested in this strictly for gaming, its 50% productivity. Its a huge amount of real estate workflow wise on a single display which I've always preferred over multiple with bezels.

Nvidia 5000 series prob won't drop until 2025 .
I think that statement is incorrect. Nividia have always followed the 2 year cycle between generation updates, so that puts 5000 series due next year. Unless you think they are going to break that cycle after a decade and extend it to 3 years this time.

Although it could be likely now, because Nvidia ceo just made a record breaking profit overnight recently, so I guess he now has no real need for him to push out the next gen as he normally would have after 2 years.

I think that statement is incorrect. Nividia have always followed the 2 year cycle between generation updates, so that puts 5000 series due next year. Unless you think they are going to break that cycle after a decade and extend it to 3 years this time.

Although it could be likely now, because Nvidia ceo just made a record breaking profit overnight recently, so I guess he now has no real need for him to push out the next gen as he normally would have after 2 years.

At least according to some articles. You never know for sure but from what they are saying, if it ends up true, I wouldn't expect availability until early 2025 unless that changes.:

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/nvidia-confirms-geforce-rtx-50-series-launching-in-2025

If you've been watching the parade of lackluster RTX 40-series reviews and thinking, "I'll just get the 50-series in 2024," that is not going to happen. The company has released a new roadmap that clearly states that whatever comes after its current Ada Lovelace architecture won't appear until 2025. This is a clear deviation from its two-year cadence between new architectures. Though that might be bad news for folks not impressed with the 40-series, it does open the door to new "Ada" GPUs in 2024, possibly with Super or Ti branding.

Nvidia made the announcement at a recent event highlighting its AI achievements, according to Tweaktown. The company displayed a roadmap for the first time showing how its architectures would scale over time, with them all getting a "next" version in the future. For Ada Lovelace, that translates to "Lovelace Next" in 2025, which is reportedly code-named Blackwell. This is a surprising development simply because Nvidia has been able to hit its two-year cadence for all of its past launches, and given how rapidly technology is progressing, anything longer than that seems like a gamble. Still, it launched Ada in 2022, Ampere in 2020, and Turing in 2018, so the pattern is quite clear.

. . .

original article:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/9212...tx-50-series-set-to-launch-in-2025/index.html

The roadmap refers to the technology as "Ada Lovelace Next" alongside "Hopper Next" and "Grace Next," so there are no clues as to what architecture will be called. It highlights a 2025 release, so we might have to wait longer than usual before seeing the GeForce RTX 5080 and GeForce RTX 5090.

Traditionally new GeForce hardware and architecture arrived every two years, give or take a few months. The Pascal-based GeForce GTX 10 Series arrived in 2016, the Turing-based GeForce RTX 20 Series in 2018, the Ampere-based GeForce RTX 30 Series in 2020, and the Ada Lovelace-powered GeForce RTX 40 Series in 2022.

But this doesn't mean there will be a three-year wait, as the placement of the existing GPU architectures on the roadmap aligns with the time of year they launched. "Ada Lovelace Next" looks to be on track for early 2025, with "Hopper Next" set to arrive in 2024. That said, this also points to NVIDIA focusing on getting its next-generation AI hardware out before the release of its new line-up of GPUs for PC gaming.

Read more:
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/92120/nvidias-ada-lovelace-successor-the-geforce-rtx-50-series-set-to-launch-in-2025/index.html

. . . .

https://www.techspot.com/news/99225-nvidia-roadmap-shows-rtx-5000-cards-set-2025.html

nvidia.roadmap.2025.png

HardwareLuxx editor Andreas Schilling shared a roadmap revealed by Nvidia during a presentation on its H100 GPUs. It shows the company's future products and their launch dates.

Previous reports claimed that the Hopper Next architecture, which the roadmap shows arriving next year, could be used in both enterprise and gaming cards. But the arrival of Ada Lovelace-Next the following year kills off those claims.

Nvidia didn't reveal the official name of the Lovelace successor. A lot of people claim it will be Blackwell, but that could be the successor to Hopper.

Delaying the release of the RTX 5000 series by a year likely makes sense from Nvidia's point of view. Lovelace has been heavily criticized for its high prices, especially during these times of economic hardship. Nvidia might be hoping that the economy will have improved by 2025, making an expensive graphics card less of a luxury that few can justify buying.

Last edited:
The gaming experience looks amazing. Sucks that BG3 UI elements aren't centered though.

The gaming experience looks amazing. Sucks that BG3 UI elements aren't centered though.
yeah ... WoW from 2004 got mods that allowed you to place ui elements anywhere, plus add mod ui's like healbot, raid stuff etc. (I think they eventually integrated some ui movement by default in patches too, not sure). Rift had a lot of that out of the box. Producers---> dev etc slackin'.

Last edited:
More from uwmasterrace subr. Path of Exile allows you to center the HUD...

Would be sitting a lot closer than that to where the screen would look a lot taller. I get that the owners have to fade way back to get the whole screen in the photo but it ends up looking like a concave short belt

57in.samsung_path.of.exile.centered.UI_1.jpg

Have missed the details on this monitor, is it so that you can't run 4k@240hz on this monitor unless you have a GPU with DP 2.1? I imagine that you could runt the native resolution at 60 hz for productivity as long as you have a somewhat modern GPU?

You should be able to run 240hz on either dp 2.1 or hdmi 2.1 using DSC 3.0 or 3.x. The dp 2.1 on this or the amd gpus for that matter, are not 80Gbps they are 54 vs hdmi 2.1's 48. However there are reports that people couldn't get 240z on 4k off of hdmi 2.1 for some reason (but were able to get 120hz). Hopefully it's just an early adoption wrinkle that will be ironed out in fw update(s).

Have missed the details on this monitor, is it so that you can't run 4k@240hz on this monitor unless you have a GPU with DP 2.1? I imagine that you could runt the native resolution at 60 hz for productivity as long as you have a somewhat modern GPU?
It should do 8K x 2K @ 240 Hz over HDMI 2.1 as well, when using HDMI ports 2 or 3. Samsung marketing and manual both state this. HDMI port 1 is 120 Hz only, probably due to a controller limitation.

But it seems there's some issue with this atm where neither AMD or Nvidia GPUs can run above 120 Hz with HDMI using any port. A Korean review said AMD is said to be making a driver fix but Nvidia might not yet have it on their table. I asked Nvidia's rep on the /r/nvidia subreddit's latest driver feedback thread and they weren't aware of it. Any owners of the display should report it to Nvidia as a bug.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidem.../you_cannot_run_g9_57_even_with_4090/jxkxw2c/

The above link has someone explain the issue.

At this point might be a good idea to wait and see how it all ends up. While 120 Hz is nothing to scoff at, even at the full res it's possible to run some games at higher framerates than that on a 4090.

For the record 7680x2160 @ 240 Hz is within capabilities of HDMI 2.1 with DSC.
  • 3:1 compression puts 8Kx2K @ 240 Hz @ 8-bit color below full speed HDMI 2.1's ~42 Gbps data rate.
  • The so far unused 3.75:1 ratio should allow for 240 Hz at 10-bit color too.

Last edited:
Cant bloody believe it, after weeks of telling myself i dont want to get it, I finally got an email from samsung stating it is now available to order (Australia) with a promotional discount and i just literally clicked order within seconds.

FML. I have no control.

Cant bloody believe it, after weeks of telling myself i dont want to get it, I finally got an email from samsung stating it is now available to order (Australia) with a promotional discount and i just literally clicked order within seconds.

FML. I have no control.
*#&$ it. Enjoy it. You aren't getting any younger and who knows how much time you have.

I'm still in love with my LG CX 55" though for my main PC. It still impresses me every day. For some reason I just don't find these ultrawide screens appealing, too quirky looking for me. The specs are crazy though, and maybe if I tried one in person I would like it.

I previously had CX55 aswell and also did love it. But switched to a C242 because i thought the 55 was still a tad too big.

I previously had CX55 aswell and also did love it. But switched to a C242 because i thought the 55 was still a tad too big.
I love the size, but I do use a wooden desk and folding table in parallel for my setup. It puts my head about 4 feet away from the screen, which is perfect. This might be impractical for some people, but I really like the setup.

Let us know how you like the new screen (y).

*#&$ it. Enjoy it. You aren't getting any younger and who knows how much time you have.

I'm still in love with my LG CX 55" though for my main PC. It still impresses me every day. For some reason I just don't find these ultrawide screens appealing, too quirky looking for me. The specs are crazy though, and maybe if I tried one in person I would like it.
That curve might be great for immersion but not for productivity to be honest. Not sure if viewing angles have improved now, which I suspect was the real reason for the massive curve to begin with. As always, YMMV :)

Welp, doesn't look that great for early Samsung QC once again. The person whose pics elvn has posted here says their G95NC blew up from running at max brightness. He's getting a Samsung tech to come repair it.

I think I'm going to wait a few months and see if that refresh rate issue gets fixed and if more people have early QC problems. All the Samsungs I've had have been bought when they've been on the market for a good while and have worked alright so far.

Plus once again Finland gets the raw deal. Samsung has absolutely no early sale discounts or anything for this display yet many other countries have had them or bundle deals with some other Samsung product. I'm kinda hoping there's some crazy Black Friday deal on these like there was for the Neo G8 the year it was released.

Welp, doesn't look that great for early Samsung QC once again. The person whose pics elvn has posted here says their G95NC blew up from running at max brightness. He's getting a Samsung tech to come repair it.

Plus once again Finland gets the raw deal. Samsung has absolutely no early sale discounts or anything for this display yet many other countries have had them or bundle deals with some other Samsung product. I'm kinda hoping there's some crazy Black Friday deal on these like there was for the Neo G8 the year it was released.

What exactly does "blow up" mean? I hope it was as in "broke"?

At least you guys have a real currency unlike us on the other side of the Baltic Sea with our Swedish Krona :D

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/163m5rb/warning_g9_57_short_circuit/

Last edited:
Back