samsung note 4 vs note 5

quiktake

Gawd
I am getting my first smartphone and can't make up my mind.

Verizon is selling the note 4 for $440 recertified and warrantied for a year. I do plan get gear vr eventually.

I know note 5 is about 20% faster, and it seemed a tiny bit less laggy than the note 4 but i am sure neither seemed updated.

Do the long term support benefits of the note 5 outweigh the extra cost?

Thanks for any help

Verizon Note5s going for $520 on Swappa right now. You still get OEM warranty buying used and Swappa is a really credible and safe site to buy from (as I have a couple times now and seen several others on here praise them). There are more advantages on the Note5 than slight speed increase too; much better fingerprint scanner (press instead of swipe), significantly better brightness range (gets ultra dim in dark and ultra bright in sunlight), and software features that Samsung will probably not ever port to previous Notes (big annoyance of Samsung phones to me) like the screen-off note taking feature, make the Note5 worth getting over the 4, IMO. Plus you know it will be supported for at least an extra year is good too.

how does the warranty work when buying used? i know the note 5 came out just two months ago.

thanks for the advice

how does the warranty work when buying used? i know the note 5 came out just two months ago.

thanks for the advice

If the phone has been out for less than a year, then Verizon or Samsung will warranty it for you without question. If you want to go by actual purchase date, then you should be able to get the purchase info from the seller and register it through Samsung if they still let you after 30 days. If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it and would be fine with 10+ months of warranty left through Verizon. Verizon will replace it the fastest for you if you go to a nearby store or just call them.

Back