Samsung Gear VR is coming 11/20/2015

Mehhhh I tried the whole VR thing with Google Cardboard and while its cool right now its a novelty

Meh i bought the og gear vr last year when i had the note 4 and to be honest i was a bit underwhelmed. I really don't know what i expected since a mobile soc cab only do so much but again just meh. I bought it, used it the day i got it, put it back in the box and never touched it again.

Now i have the note 5 but I'll be damned if I throw away money on what will surely be an incremental upgrade at best. I think the next time i dive into vr will be either valves pc implementation or oculus's pc variant. Until then mobile vr is again just so bleh to me. I know descriptive right? Just how it makes me feel. Imo a waste of money for pc gaming/hardware enthusiasts.

Mehhhh I tried the whole VR thing with Google Cardboard and while its cool right now its a novelty

To be fair you tried the 3D viewmaster of VR devices and then concluded that VR is a novelty. Gear VR is a good step up from Google Cardboard, and the standalone VR devices are another step up from Gear VR.

BAKHS16.jpg

I kind of wanted to grab this for my S6, but the MicroSD loaded with content seems like a big "fuck you" from Samsung. How the fuck am I supposed to use this with a phone with no MicroSD card slot?

I kind of wanted to grab this for my S6, but the MicroSD loaded with content seems like a big "fuck you" from Samsung. How the fuck am I supposed to use this with a phone with no MicroSD card slot?

I think this only applies to the previous model the Samsung VR Innovator Edition for the Note 4. But I do agree that the new line of Galaxy with no MircoSD card slot was a big step-back in design from Samsung.

I don't see the point at all in VR for mobile. 3D Facebook browsing? I'd rather just use the money on the Rift

I don't see the point at all in VR for mobile. 3D Facebook browsing? I'd rather just use the money on the Rift
Gunjack looks pretty good, but I'm thinking any good games you could get are going to require a controller.

I don't see the point at all in VR for mobile.
1. No immersion-breaking cable/trip-hazard to deal with
2. Can easily show to friends on the subway/park/etc...
3. AR integration

Of course, graphics will always be a step behind PC, but for everything else mobile may soon get "good enough" for the casual crowd to jump at it.

Back