Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Tablet for $200 @ Best Buy

Doesn't look bad at all for 200. My Nexus 7 always felt just a little too small even though it was great but 8.4" is perfect (that's what she said)

Edit: After some brief further research, yes this is hands down the most value, most powerful $200 you can spend on any tablet right now.

Last edited:
SOLD. Thanks, OP.
I was looking for an inexpensive tablet that didn't have a 1200X800 screen. This is perfect. Now to find a crappy case!

It's bestbuy, so don't forget to use a 10% movers coupon.

I wouldn't waste time going to post offices though - the coupons they've got sitting around in the movers packs have already expired (either August 31 or November).

Anyhoo, just bought one, the Costa Mesa store still had some left. After a bit more research it quickly became evident this is the most tablet that $200 buys right now in terms of value for money ratio - by a mile. $200 for these specs really is amazing, and unlike the Nexus tabs, its got a microSD slot. Screen is also incredible. Finally a real successor to my trusty Nexus 7. There's a Cyanogenmod ROM for it too but I'll screw around with stock for a few days first.

Last edited:
It will eventually get Lollipop, apparently, so I think I'll roll with TouchWiz until then, and do the eventual Cyanogen mod for it.

Tinkering OCD got the best of me, I already loaded CM12 on it (Lollipop 5.0.2) after reading a lot of positive feedback about it. Flawless so far, and noticably snappier than the stock 4.4.2 + Touchwiz. Seriously everything is instant when moving between apps and screens. This is also my first experience with Lollipop, I'm really digging the aesthetic changes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...-12-0-lp-alpha-build-sm-mondrianwifi-t2954261

After rooting & installing TWRP as referenced in my previous post,
I installed the 12-29-2014 nightly from here: http://download.crpalmer.org/nightlies/mondrianwifi/
And the 12-12-2014 Gapps from here: http://download.crpalmer.org/downloads/gapps/unofficial/

Very pleased. I think this is my best technology buy this year besides my MSI GTX 970.

Last edited:
This has been a super popular deal. Stopped by one of my local BB's and our entire district is out apparently. None in stock in like a 200 mile radius, it wouldn't even let them do ship to store. Had to have it shipped to my home with an expected delivery of Jan. 8th.

This has been a super popular deal. Stopped by one of my local BB's and our entire district is out apparently. None in stock in like a 200 mile radius, it wouldn't even let them do ship to store. Had to have it shipped to my home with an expected delivery of Jan. 8th.

Yep. S.C.U.M. strikes again (Slickdeals Chinless Unwashed Masses). This thing was a Frontpage deal with 5* rating - whenever that happens, forget it unless you were there at the beginning. They're like fire ants picking an animal carcass clean until its just a pile of bones, and then they take those too.

Last edited:
FWIW, mine had a similar lengthy delivery estimate, but it shipped today and I ordered today, due on Friday.

Thanks. I picked one up. Was looking at several small non-iOS tablets (windows or android) for work, and this fits the bill neatly.

In for two! My nephew needs a tablet for school, but his dumb-ass, lazy, fuck stick of a dad didn't get him one for Christmas. So glad my sister divorced the miserable bastard three years ago!

As a reward for being a responsible uncle I bought myself one, too. :D

Now, I just need to list my Nexus 7 tablet in the FS forum.

Great tablet for the money. I got my mom one for Christmas to go with her Galaxy S 5. :)

It's bestbuy, so don't forget to use a 10% movers coupon.

I did this.

Someone one SD had the online coupons and I bought one off him for $5. Combined with Discover's 10% discount brought it down to $162 prior to tax/env. fee/$5

lol not a single best buy in my entire state has one of these in stock according to their site

The one negative I've read about these is that battery life is not super duper.

The one negative I've read about these is that battery life is not super duper.

It isn't great but it isn't terrible, really depends on your usage. Games (clash of clan and real racing 3 mainly) will kill it with just a couple hours usage. Web browsing will last 6-8 hours of screen time.

I've had this tablet since June and still enjoy using, I do get a lot more frequent force closes than I have had on other android devices though, most annoyingly with real racing 3.

Reading this thread has made me want to root, I may end up doing that tonight :D.

Can I use this to surf the web, youtube, and maybe stream movies from downstairs PC over network? I want something portable when Im not downstars on my main PC that I can use in bed.

Can I use this to surf the web, youtube, and maybe stream movies from downstairs PC over network? I want something portable when Im not downstars on my main PC that I can use in bed.

Of course as long as your router/wifi is strong enough to reach downstairs.

Of course as long as your router/wifi is strong enough to reach downstairs.

To those of you who are rooted or stock what media player can do playback with mkv, xvid, mp4, mpeg? I use Media Player Classic on Windows 7, something like that exist for the android?

To those of you who are rooted or stock what media player can do playback with mkv, xvid, mp4, mpeg? I use Media Player Classic on Windows 7, something like that exist for the android?

I've always liked BSPlayer - its always been solid and handles any format. It can play videos on network shares too, in addition to local storage.

But these days, since I have a MediaBrowser server, I use the MediaBrowser android app on my tabets and phones. So if you are interested in a system that will catalog and present your existing TV Shows & Movies in a nice interface, I'd definitely recommend investigating MediaBrowser. But for just manually selecting files from an explorer type view, BSPlayer.

Try VLC since it's free but if you're going to spend money the best is MX Player Pro and also pick up Solid Explorer on sale.

...but...but...what about screen burn-in? What about the colors being over-saturated?

WHAT, IT'S $200? BUY, BUY, BUY.

Man, going back to my 3ds XL from the 8.4 Pro is brutal. I almost want to sell my XL now lol, the screen is so low fi.

This is pretty tempting, I like my 2nd gen Nexus 7, but sometimes wish for a bit more screen.

has anyone gotten the extended warranty on their tablet e.g. squaretrade?

Best Buy's was $100 for 3 years, accidental coverage included. I had a gift card, so i got that. This way i can take it to a physical location and not depend on mailing it all over. Shipping in the Chicago area is a dicey business.

Back