Samsung CHG70 or an HKC (preferably X3)?

Kermie

Limp Gawd
I'm amazed that I still have this account and since reddit was of no help I'm going onto here for help.

I bought the HKC X3 a while ago and aside from some backlight bleed and a green line to the right, it is the best monitor I have ever owned for it's 5,000:1 contrast ratio and it's refresh rate.

However, I've been tempted to buy a Samsung CHG70 because it has HDR and well, uses the same quantum dot technology as it's TV's but then I looked at the contrast ratio and some of it's reviews. I'm going to be losing 2,000 off my contrast ratio as well as have to hope I get a good monitor due to the lottery that usually occurs with monitors.

What's worse is that the HKC's also have 2,000 knocked off their contrast ratio (the most recent ones) and it's impossible to find an X3 from a reliable seller on superbuy (dotdotbuy). I really loved the contrast ratio alongside the refresh rate but I don't know if I should buy into a Samsung monitor which'll mostly be marketing hype or buy into an HKC which may be better but about the same as the Samsung.

I need help determining which to buy. I would get 3 X3's from HKC but they're becoming harder to buy safely. At this point I need to know how good the black levels are on each monitor, if the HKC's can do HDR as well, how good is the color reproduction, contrast, viewing angles and most importantly; how is the monitor going to hold up over time.

I'm going to be using it for a lot of things. Gaming, entertainment watching, web browsing, graphics design, movie editing and even writing.

I would love it if I got the best monitor with advice from the community rather than make a purchase that I would probably regret after a couple of days.

that c27hg70 looks good. Kinda expensive but still seems impressive... Shame it's curved and shame it's not gsync. Still - It;s second time I am hearing about it in last day

Back