Samsung 2TB $85shipped 1T F3 $52

/337

Limp Gawd
Passing along from SD.

Samsung 2TB SATA2 5400rpm 32MB Hard Drive $85 + FS, Samsung HD103UJ 1 TB $51 + FS, HD103SJ 1 TB spinpoint F3 $52.7 + FS
superbiiz has a new 15% off your purchase (max of $15) w/ coupon COLUMBUS15

Use it to get

Samsung Spinpoint F4EG HD204UI 2TB SATA2 5400rpm 32MB Hard Drive [superbiiz.com] for $100 - $15 = $85 + FS
http://www.superbiiz.com/category.php?categry=21&name=Hard-Drive-SSD&c=CJ

Samsung HD103UJ 1TB SATA2 7200rpm 32MB Hard Drive [superbiiz.com] for $60 - 15% = $51 +FS
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php...D103UJ-1TB-SATA2-7200rpm-32MB-Hard-Drive&c=CJ

Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB SATA2 7200rpm 32MB Hard Drive [superbiiz.com] for $62 - 15% = $52.7 + FS

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php...D103SJ-1TB-SATA2-7200rpm-32MB-Hard-Drive&c=CJ

Thanks OP, in for two (1TB F3) for a new system build!

price went up on the 2tb or what. Now it shows 109 regular.

Samsung............OUT OF STOCK

The coupon code also works with the WD 2TB for $109 not too bad if you dont have to pay taxes.

The 2TB drive would have been interesting but 1TB's I don't have much appeal unless its for a very specific build.

Anyone know how Samsung's RMA procedures compare again WD/Seagate?

Last time I looked at them I concluded their RMA process was byzantine compared to WD and Seagate.

Last time I looked at them I concluded their RMA process was byzantine compared to WD and Seagate.

The simpler an RMA process is, suggests that the manuf's had more practice is doing RMAs, suggesting their drives are less reliable if they're doing so many RMAs...

The simpler an RMA process is, suggests that the manuf's had more practice is doing RMAs, suggesting their drives are less reliable if they're doing so many RMAs...

Or it might suggest that the manufacturer ships fewer drives in total than the others so they receive fewer RMAs even though they have the same percentage...

You didn't actually answer the question other to make suggest an inference that even an undergrad business student would see is invalid. In every business I've researched superior customer service is usually coupled with a generally high quality product/service. The companies with poor customer service tend to duck/delay/deny dealing with their bad products. In short, the measure of company is not how it handles success but how it deals with failure.

Or it might suggest that the manufacturer ships fewer drives in total than the others so they receive fewer RMAs even though they have the same percentage...

Still suggests you are going to see fewer failures?

If two manufs have 10% failure rate, and you need five of them... If Samsung makes ten drives, you order five, you may have no dead drives, or a max of one dead drive... Seagate makes one hundred of them, so ten bad along the way... You may receive no dead drives out of your five, or all five could be dead.

I know this is an over-simplification of the numbers, but it explains why some are fine with a manuf/RMA process, while others swear away a manuf/RMA, etc. due to problems.

But last time I RMAed to Samsung the process was completely manual on their side (you fax/e-mail a form back to them, they then input that data into their system). If they had a high failure rate with lots of drives, this system would overwhelm them instantly.

Seagate's failures are well known. Explains why their RMA process is so painless IMO.

The companies with poor customer service tend to duck/delay/deny dealing with their bad products. In short, the measure of company is not how it handles success but how it deals with failure.

And you are even considering Seagate?

They've denied RMAs solely based on the customer using Linux and Seagate drives not supporting Linux.

But this is about Samsung. Last time I had failures was back in the 160GB days years ago, and as long as a drive was under warranty, the RMA process wasn't a hassle beyond filling out a manual form.

Still can't say I've experienced a WD failure. Then again, I still own IBM Deathstars, never a failure there, either. Which explains my point on individual experience sure varies.

Back