Sairento VR - Be The Ass Kicking Ninja You've Always Wanted To Be

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

We are the developers of a new VR game called [Sairento VR]() on Steam that received a lot of rave reviews and downloads within a short period of 10 days.

The game is a tribute to action-loving fans who want to experience the iconic "bullet-time" scenes from The Matrix, blended with the slow-motion mayhem of the Max Payne game series, all while looking and feeling as badass as the Bride from Kill Bill.

Here's what some of the independent game reviewers are saying -

"‘Sairento VR’ Mashes Up SUPERHOT & Raw Data for Something Even Cooler!" - RoadtoVR

"Sairento VR is like the Matrix, Max Payne, and Shadow Warrior all fused into one epic VR experience and runs flawlessly on our high-performance PCs - ORIGIN PC"

"Bullet time, shooting 2 guns at once and the general aesthetic all blend together to create the best Matrix (the movie) simulator ever." - Gamenami

Would really love for the folks to try it too and tell us what you think :slight_smile:

Have fun feeling like a super hero ninja of a big budget movie!

[video=youtube;VgzMzDJ-wAM][/video]

It's a good game I like it. There are still some things it needs like no focus using normal motion ability, and IMHO a better way to do the sword wave move. The point the sword in the direction you want the wave to go and release the button doesn't fit well because it feels like a gun rather than a sword. It should require a swinging motion to release the wave. The teleport like dash fits the game perfectly and keeps the game very action oriented but I still think a regular locomotion would be needed. Also a good addition would be some kind of stealth bonus system (you are a ninja after all), it doesn't have to be super detailed. Kind of like if you kill an enemy with no one noticing your focus is immediately filled to max or bonus experience etc... It's just something you might want to keep track of.

I hope you add some kind of story/campaign mode to the game. It would be nice to have some kind of reason to do the missions rather than just a board with missions to do that's currently present. Something where completing or not completing certain missions affect the story outcome would be great.

I purchased this on the 27th to support further development and love it, but really wish it had some sort of non-wave mode, or at least more involving stages that make the waves harder to clear. I realize this is a small dev working on the game, so I'll limit my dreams of amazing AI, lighting changes in-game (for fighting in night vision or infrared), and other such fantasies for another game.

Would be great if it had boss fights at the end of each stage just to break up the monotony. Maybe against another ninja or three or four who can also slow down time against you, or a giant robot that forces you to parry bullets and shoot at the same time. Again, maybe too much for the current state of development.

Also, enemies who can launch explosions (or blow up after death) would be great, as that would force you to take them into account amidst long/short range strategies.

Would also be cool if enemies could jump like you or at least telephone around so that bullet time wasn't so easy to exploit.

Last edited:
Definitely on my wishlist...I already have a backlog of VR games I haven't tried yet so I am holding off for now.

Anyone test this with an Oculus Rift yet? Looks solid and is probably on my short list of games to pick up.

Back