Saints Row reboot

That's about all that I'm expecting. I often find that the lower my expectations are for a game like this the more I end up enjoying it though I'm pretty sure it will be a one and done game.

First half is almost mind-numbing with how boring it is. Lots of really poorly set up misisons that are over so quickly, and lots of boring side activities. Mostly the same from previous games. They do get better, but just to passable levels. I'm not sure what happened, they clearly ran out of time and were told to have a product by a certain date. It is like they were in the prototyping phase and told to finish the basic features and wrap it up.

As for the other part I guess we'll just have to disagree but I fail to see how a game where you rescue a pimp from sex slavery and ride them as a human pony as part of the escape is mild or PC, or a game where the entire world's population is either killed or enslaved in a simulation isn't dark.

I'll disagree, I find that to just be over the top silly humor. Whereas GTA has torture, lots of ethnic stereotypes for Indians and Japanese like their anime parodies, and lots of political things like Republican Space Rangers. I don't really see how they're on the same level. Although we know the next GTA game is getting the Saints Row 2022 treatment and will be watered down as well.

I liked Saints Row the Third and the 4th game. Based on reviews I had no interest in playing a woke hipster reboot of the franchise. (That's how it came off in the reviews.)

It isn't that woke, not much more than most modern games anyways. A lot of the activities are side missions are very similar to 3/4 like rag dolling into traffic. The problem is some of the main missions have really bad design, NPCs are dumb (like the older Saints Row games), bullet spongy, characters are extremely boring, map and world feels even more empty than those previous games, it gets repetitive... and more. It is hard to describe, but it feels so lifeless. The basics are there, but it just feels like the absolute bare minimum of what would qualify as a game. I've still played worse games. But there isn't one or two shortcomings with this. Just about everything is done poorly.

It isn't that woke, not much more than most modern games anyways. A lot of the activities are side missions are very similar to 3/4 like rag dolling into traffic. The problem is some of the main missions have really bad design, NPCs are dumb (like the older Saints Row games), bullet spongy, characters are extremely boring, map and world feels even more empty than those previous games, it gets repetitive... and more. It is hard to describe, but it feels so lifeless. The basics are there, but it just feels like the absolute bare minimum of what would qualify as a game. I've still played worse games. But there isn't one or two shortcomings with this. Just about everything is done poorly.
so a shitty game with woke on top....

so a shitty game with woke on top....

More or less. Still not as woke as the typical Ubisoft game though. To be honest I don't really know what would be woke about it, I don't recall any trans anything (unless I forgot, the game is very forgettable) and SR3/4 had gay people in it. The characters are just awful and the humor falls flat. Add in every thing else ranges from poor to mediocre, and you have an overall game that ranges from poor to mediocre.

More or less. Still not as woke as the typical Ubisoft game though. To be honest I don't really know what would be woke about it, I don't recall any trans anything (unless I forgot, the game is very forgettable) and SR3/4 had gay people in it. The characters are just awful and the humor falls flat. Add in every thing else ranges from poor to mediocre, and you have an overall game that ranges from poor to mediocre.
Having gay characters isn't the same as being woke. You can have diversity in all its many forms. It's when that diversity doesn't make sense given the context of the story or its setting and feels forced that its a problem. To be clear, its no worse than the whitewashing Hollywood has been guilty of for decades.

Having gay characters isn't the same as being woke. You can have diversity in all its many forms. It's when that diversity doesn't make sense given the context of the story or its setting and feels forced that its a problem. To be clear, its no worse than the whitewashing Hollywood has been guilty of for decades.

I can't really think of how the "diversity" doesn't fit in the game. It takes place in a fictional Arizona/Texas mashup. The lore points more to Texas, but the environment looks more like Arizona. Even if you don't like the setting that is the least of the games problems.

exactly 1 year since it launched on the Epic Store...yet still no Alan Wake Remastered on Steam (October 2023 will be 2 years)
Epic is the publisher of Alan Wake Remastered, so it is never coming to Steam. It will be the same for Alan Wake 2.

oops.jpg

sad that a developer can close down after one disappointing game

It wasn't one bad game, they had a crappy spin off a few years back as well as some other Saints Row but not Saints Row game 4-5 years ago. Been a while since they had something worth buying.

Hope this sends the message to other studios to start caring about what the actual fan base wants rather then telling them what they should like or pushing an agenda. Good riddance.

It wasn't one bad game, they had a crappy spin off a few years back as well as some other Saints Row but not Saints Row game 4-5 years ago. Been a while since they had something worth buying.
Agents of Mayhem was a disaster, and it came out 6 years ago at this point.

This made me look into the saints row franchise since I’ve always been curious but never played. Ended up finding saints row 3 for $3. My little RX 550 box is all I’ve got at the moment, my main rig is still not at my new house. So it should be able to run it well enough.

Fans have been worrying that the closure of Volition could mean the abandonment of the Saints Row and Red Faction franchises...however, in an official tweet response to the studio's announcement, Deep Silver (now a division of Plaion) stated that both IPs would 'live on' at Plaion...

https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/1697647387156656189?

It may turn out okay. The recent Dead Island 2 is a good example of a new developer doing a good job being handed an IP. But considering Deep Silver allowed Saints Row 2022 to come out as is, I am doubtful whoever they hand it off to will do much better.

Not that the $8 price isn't really really low, but that IS CDKeys. You can get a ton of AAA games at 20-30% off before they're even released.

Not that the $8 price isn't really really low, but that IS CDKeys. You can get a ton of AAA games at 20-30% off before they're even released.
For comparison's sake it is on sale for $13.49 on Steam and EGS right now. The 33% coupon on EGS brings it down to $10.15.

I installed. Will see what’s up. People just like to shit on games these days and I am not falling for their invalid opinions… 🙃

I installed. Will see what’s up. People just like to shit on games these days and I am not falling for their invalid opinions… 🙃
I thought you were upset with wasting five minutes dying to the first boss of Lies of P... Yet you installed this political trash heap to try? The gameplay is just as bad per all reports :).

Report back! :p

I spent five minutes on this, then looked at my backlog, saw how many great games I’m not even halfway through, or haven’t even started, and just uninstalled it. If you have over a dozen relatively new games that you know are great, but you’ve barely started any of them, then games like this one just go into the bin.

Back