Saints Row 4: Gat out of He'll PREORDER $4.99 (PC)

As much as I love Saints Row 4..... I'm gonna hold off until about 2-4 months after release, just to make sure that it's properly patched / minimal issues xD

ok I made one mistake buying MGS5 and cant get it to play. I don't want to make the same mistake twice. have yet to play the game even though I have it in my steam library. I may get it. thinking really hard.

SR3 DLC was pure bullshit. All but one thing was unlock-able by playing the game. What joy does one have to have everything unlocked for them out the gate?

SR3 was great IMO. SR4 was utter garbage IMO. Gotta wait for reviews on this one.

SR3 DLC was pure bullshit. All but one thing was unlock-able by playing the game. What joy does one have to have everything unlocked for them out the gate?

Not sure but this is a stand alone expansion... so that really doesn't apply to this.

Cancelled my original $19.99 Steam preorder for this, and now I've got 19.99 in Steam credit. Oh well, I was going to spend $19.99 at Steam eventually. -_-

Won't be using the credit straight away, though - just in case this is a mistake. Sounds like we're not getting our codes until the 20th, which gives them plenty of time to decide 75% off is too much.

Last edited:
There silly thing is I posted this but didn't even buy. Looks sweet though, and I loved SR3.

At it's original price I had no interest in pre-ordering and probably wouldn't even have bought it at full price unless it was really good. For $5 though I figure what the heck I'll take that incredibly cheap risk on this one.

At it's original price I had no interest in pre-ordering and probably wouldn't even have bought it at full price unless it was really good. For $5 though I figure what the heck I'll take that incredibly cheap risk on this one.

Definitely. My PC is aging a bit so that's really what is holding me back.

This isn't Twitter, stop using hashtags.

Also, are you people going to spam EVERY topic about a pre-order with that shit?

I don't blame him. Pre ordering is anti consumer crap that continues to burn gamers over and over. There's no benefit to us to pre order and it's always a risk.

You can spend your money however you want just know you're part of the overall problem in the gaming industry if you pre order games.

I don't blame him. Pre ordering is anti consumer crap that continues to burn gamers over and over. There's no benefit to us to pre order and it's always a risk.

You can spend your money however you want just know you're part of the overall problem in the gaming industry if you pre order games.

This gets said quite often however for PC games currently in general pre-order pricing is lower than launch pricing (and possibly with extra content). Pricing for titles is highest post launch and before the first price cuts/sales.

So how is there no benefit to pre-ordering? The reality of the market says otherwise. You either get the game cheaper and/or sooner at a lower price.

Take this for example, the discount is quite large giving you an incentive and benefit with pre-ordering.

I disagree. Pre-ordering is neither pro-consumer nor is it anti-consumer. At least in general. There are anti-consumer practices involved along with pre-ordering, but the act of pre-ordering itself is neither. The biggest problem with pre-ordering is people pre-ordering blindly. Most of the games people point to as proof that pre-ordering is bad had enough warning signs that should have told people not to buy them until after release. Instead people were blinded by either a fanboy love of the property (DNF, Aliens: CM as examples) or just ignored the signs in general. It isn't THAT hard to figure out if games are worth the pre-order risk or not.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell/118076

Hell of a deal even if it is a preorder.

Edit: can't edit title I'm guessing. Stupid mobile posts.
Nice! Been playing SR4 with a friend. We are almost through and saw the expansion but $20 was a bit steep considering we only paid $7.50 for the ultimate edition.$5 yea why not.

SR3 was great IMO. SR4 was utter garbage IMO. Gotta wait for reviews on this one.
Huh, interesting. I went back and played 3 again after playing 4 and found they had made small tweaks that I enjoyed in 4. Simple things like the menu layouts and interactions felt smoother, esp. with a gamepad. Core gameplay wise I found both enjoyable although I prefer the art direction of SR3 to the dark desaturated Steelport in SR4.

Last edited:
I disagree. Pre-ordering is neither pro-consumer nor is it anti-consumer. At least in general. There are anti-consumer practices involved along with pre-ordering, but the act of pre-ordering itself is neither. The biggest problem with pre-ordering is people pre-ordering blindly. Most of the games people point to as proof that pre-ordering is bad had enough warning signs that should have told people not to buy them until after release. Instead people were blinded by either a fanboy love of the property (DNF, Aliens: CM as examples) or just ignored the signs in general. It isn't THAT hard to figure out if games are worth the pre-order risk or not.

Nothing you say here makes any sense. It's anti consumer because there's no benefit to the consumer at all... The only one that benefits from you pre ordering is the publisher.

Then you say the problem is people pre ordering blindly? Because you have played the game already before you pre ordered? :confused: Please explain how it's so easy to determine whether a have is worth pre ordering when you can't play it and review sites are bought and paid for... It's bullshit and you know it. It's always a risk and you never really know until release day no matter what nonsense you say.

Back in the day when there was a real risk of games selling out it made sense, now there's nothing in it for us.

This gets said quite often however for PC games currently in general pre-order pricing is lower than launch pricing (and possibly with extra content). Pricing for titles is highest post launch and before the first price cuts/sales.

So how is there no benefit to pre-ordering? The reality of the market says otherwise. You either get the game cheaper and/or sooner at a lower price.

Take this for example, the discount is quite large giving you an incentive and benefit with pre-ordering.

The discount don't even exist here is a price mistake... And most of the time you're better off waiting for the first stem sale anyway. Your point is a flat out fantasy. Games are not cheaper if you pre order. Hell these days within a few months you can grab it for much cheaper than release must of the time Between Amazon deals and steam sales.

I got 30% off an Arkham Knight pre-order months ago at GMG, which brings it in line with *about* how much the most recent CoD game (arguably the newest one that was put on sale, and certainly the most expensive headliner) got discounted in the Christmas Steam sale. GMG also routinely marks pre-orders down 20% if you have access to their "VIP Room," and even their coupon codes occasionally are valid on pre-orders.

Granted, AK's been delayed, but still - you *can* get games as cheap as Steam will normally discount them months later, but it's rare. Frankly, given the level of aspie nerdrage going on here, I have a feeling all I need to do is say the name "Anita Sarkeesian" and you'll have an aneurysm.

I agree pre-ordering for full price is stupid unless you're getting some valuable and personal incentive to do so or there's a version of it that's ~limited~ in some way and you want the in-game item(s) or trinket(s) it comes with, but seriously, chill the hell out. If you want to be angry at something, be angry at "Season Passing" and how $59.99 is now the norm with ~$20-30 tacked on in the form of a Season Pass, not with what people choose to do with *their* money.

Last edited:
Nothing you say here makes any sense. It's anti consumer because there's no benefit to the consumer at all... The only one that benefits from you pre ordering is the publisher.

Then you say the problem is people pre ordering blindly? Because you have played the game already before you pre ordered? :confused: Please explain how it's so easy to determine whether a have is worth pre ordering when you can't play it and review sites are bought and paid for... It's bullshit and you know it. It's always a risk and you never really know until release day no matter what nonsense you say.

Back in the day when there was a real risk of games selling out it made sense, now there's nothing in it for us.

You don't have to play a game to get a feel for if you'll like it or not, you don't have to play a game to get an idea for how it will end up. You just have to pay attention to the developer, the publisher, how they talk about it, and use your own intuition. I'm a big Alien fan but I was never fooled by Colonial Marines. Something felt off about it from the get go. It helps that I wouldn't trust Randy Pitchford if he told me water was wet so I never fell for his bullshit spiel. Prior to Watch Dogs there was the kind of awful port of AC4 (especially if you had an AMD card). Before the delay members of the press that had played the game were talking about how lacking it was, how lifeless the city felt, how little there was to do, the missions not being great, etc. Things that they could work on while delaying it, but still things to consider. Then came the graphics downgrade, giving more hints that all might not right. Speaking of Ubisoft last year, after Watch Dogs why the hell would anyone pre-order Unity? Get the picture? If people payed bloody attention and didn't rush off to pre-order the moment something is announced it wouldn't be that hard. I don't pre-order that often and I rarely get burned.

Series is so weird not sure if I can get into it or care...never played the series...

I am sure they will honor it. I find it strange that based on that Twitter link posted yesterday about them not honoring the price, that the price on the website has not changed during this whole time.

So I picked up Saints Row 2. 3 and 4 on sale on Steam today for ~$10. Should I play them in order or does it make any difference?

Doesn't really matter. If you play 3 you will understand some character interactions much better (EG why some of your henchmen hate another, how some of them even became your henchmen in the first place etc). But the overall main plot (barring the very first mission in 4) has little connection between each other.

Series is so weird not sure if I can get into it or care...never played the series...

I like the series, not so much the fourth one but still a solid series. It's basically the "spirit" of gta taken to the next level. Instead of being more serious like gta it takes the dumb shit you do between missions and makes a game of it. I could do without the dumb gang banger theme but it fits.

I like the series, not so much the fourth one but still a solid series.

I'm with you. Had a blast playing SR3, but gave up before the mid point on SR4. Having "super hero" powers killed it for me.

So I picked up Saints Row 2. 3 and 4 on sale on Steam today for ~$10. Should I play them in order or does it make any difference?
I haven't played 2, so no comment there.

Between 3 and 4, I don't think that the order matters, story-wise, since 3 and 4 are basically them trying to go as crazy as they can, but having played both 3 and 4 last year, I'd definitely place 3 over 4 in terms of quality. The superpowers in 4 are fun, but the overall structure in terms of mechanics, story, world, etc feels better realized in 3.

It'd probably be best to really dive into the world with 3, then when you're done, just mess around with the superpowers in 4 until you get bored.

Plus, Keith David won't romance you. That prude.

Back