Safe to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a guy from the forums who wants to buy a videocard I'm selling. He almost no heat, but since he's paying first I still agreed to sell the card from him. However now I'm a little uneasy. He just contacted me through email saying that he is having a problem with a mod here, and the rest of the transaction needs to be handled through email. Does this sound fishy to anyone else?

I have a guy from the forums who wants to buy a videocard I'm selling. He almost no heat, but since he's paying first I still agreed to sell the card from him. However now I'm a little uneasy. He just contacted me through email saying that he is having a problem with a mod here, and the rest of the transaction needs to be handled through email. Does this sound fishy to anyone else?

A little bit. If hes paying first though I wouldnt be too concerned...

becareful of charge back and check back with the mod to verify about the trader

becareful of charge back and check back with the mod to verify about the trader

This is what I'm worried about. I'm not sure how to check with the moderator, because he didn't tell me which one it is. Other than tracking number, delivery confirmation, and photographs is there anything else I can do for protection against a chargeback?

you could also do it registered with signature confirmation.. someone will have to sign for it.. not sure if you can request that the addressee signs for it though, been a long time since I used it

if you're really not sure about it, tell him you want a postal money order for the amount of the card, there's no charge back to worry about but it will take longer of course and you will ship once you have the money in your hand

This is what I'm worried about. I'm not sure how to check with the moderator, because he didn't tell me which one it is. Other than tracking number, delivery confirmation, and photographs is there anything else I can do for protection against a chargeback?

Shoot me his user name in a PM....I wont be able to give you any specifics but Ill see I can can find out what the deal with him is

Also, be sure to only ship to his Paypal verified address if he pays by Paypal.

If you aren't "feeling it" then I'd just walk away. You can do everything "right" possible and still easily get burned by someone who is out to scam you. The only protection policy that means jack squat is the one between your ears. PayPal only cares about protecting PayPal at the end of the day.

If he is serious about buying then get a cash equivalent payment method such as a USPS money order that you can walk in and verify/cash before shipping.

As far as I know, if he pays by non-CC paypal (meaning, funded by Paypal funds or bank account), you aren't at risk for a CC chargeback. The only thing you would be at risk for is a Paypal claim, which is much easier to win than a chargeback. Chargebacks... you basically have no chance of winning at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back