Ryzen Threadripper temp ,fan and boot issues

Ruddys

Weaksauce
Hi.
So long story short started work experience in office month ago.And one of guys here has ryzen threadripper 2950x and x399 auros extreme motherboard.

And it acts like possessed by the evil itself.Temps jumps from -5 o +50c all the time sometime stucks in 4c-10c .Fans disappear and appear on and off constantly.
CPU fan RPM jumps over 33k rpm in bios .
PC sometimes wont boot at all or take 15 min to boot.

I tried to resat CPU multiple times by manual.Tried different RAM configurations.As the PC is being used all the time I can access for troubleshoot only 30-40 min a day.

As this is my 1st Ryzen Threadripper I have seen with my eyes I realy dont know where to sart looking for problem.
So hoping for help from this forum and people who has more knowledge.

Also here is the short video of the issue.

I really have no idea, but a shot in the dark guess would be corrupt bios/faulty motherboard, or incorrect mounting pressure (someone torqued the CPU locking plate bolts wrong or installed the cooler wrong), or damaged pins in the cpu socket.

Yup, sounds like damaged motherboard...your first thought should have been to contact Gigabyte.

You're only sitting in bios... what does it do when configured in the operating system?

And for the record, those Gigafail Aorus x399 boards were total SHIT. I'd been thru three of them, one took out a cpu. After 3 boards I said enough is enough and went back to Asus with a Zenith and it was smooth sailing.

Booked motherboard for warranty hopefully that will get it sorted.
In desktop it does work under load it wont shut down .But in random periods it can just freez crash and fail to boot .

I heard that x399 Gigabyte boards are crap , but was not here when they put the PC together.

Thanks everyone for assist

Back