Ryzen 7 1700X Processor Blows Away Intel’s $1000 Core i7-5960X & goes toe to toe with Intel’s 6900k

Yeah, totally sounds like they aren't concerned at all...

I mean, if I were Intel, I'd want to keep in touch with reviewers too- that's part of Intel's consumer outreach. AMD is bringing up something competitive (finally!) so it would make sense to remind reviewers to approach reviews rationally and not fall into the 'OMG it's the bestest thing evar don't buy anything Intel ever again!!1' bullshit that's common in AMD forums. I'd expect any company to do the same. It would be irresponsible for Intel to not show concern here.

I mean, if I were Intel, I'd want to keep in touch with reviewers too- that's part of Intel's consumer outreach. AMD is bringing up something competitive (finally!) so it would make sense to remind reviewers to approach reviews rationally and not fall into the 'OMG it's the bestest thing evar don't buy anything Intel ever again!!1' bullshit that's common in AMD forums. I'd expect any company to do the same. It would be irresponsible for Intel to not show concern here.

You spin me right round baby right round...

Seriously though you didn't even address the crux of the article, you know, the part where it is reported that they are resorting back to the same underhanded bullshit that got them in trouble over a decade ago.

If I were going to risk another billion dollar plus fine for anti-trust violations I better have a damn good reason.

The crux of the article is supposition. "Talk to us" isn't underhanded bullshit. It's concern, and warranted given the situation.

On the other hand as a hardware reviewer I would probably find it a bit insulting that Intel would assume that after years of doing this that suddenly I forgot how to. Reviewers shouldn't need to be reminded to report unbiased information, especially by Intel who has what, 80% of the desktop market? Heaven forbid that these reviewers show a product that might be worth buying. Companies meddling in another companies product review just doesn't sit well.

On the other hand as a hardware reviewer I would probably find it a bit insulting that Intel would assume that after years of doing this that suddenly I forgot how to. Reviewers shouldn't need to be reminded to report unbiased information, especially by Intel who has what, 80% of the desktop market? Heaven forbid that these reviewers show a product that might be worth buying. Companies meddling in another companies product review just doesn't sit well.

It's still up to the reviewers. And it's not 'meddling' unless they actually 'meddle'. Showing concern isn't bribery or threatening.

Also, this alarmist narrative gets blown apart with just a smidgen of logic: if Intel did intend to meddle, they'd have to get nearly everyone on board. Otherwise it'd be readily apparent who took a bribe or bowed to a threat.

I mean, which narrative is alarmist? I would think the one your presenting about reviewers potentially falling into a "'OMG it's the bestest thing evar don't buy anything Intel ever again!!1'" is the one that is alarmist. Again, Intel doesn't need to remind reviewers how to do their jobs. These guys know the drill. If anything there's definitely a big assumption that AMD could blow it, and I've seen lots of reviewers/editors say "don't make any assumptions about Ryzen, reviews aren't out yet".

That's not 'alarmist', that's hyperbole on my part. It is evinced by users posting in this very thread; further, while there are many professional reviewers that I trust, not all can be trusted, most especially in this age of YouTube personality 'reviewers'.

I see the excuse is now made if Ryzen doesn't win the gaming benches, that its unlikely to do.

How is AMDs reviewer guide again? Oh right...and when does Ryzen NDA lift? Is it after sales start? :D

I see the excuse is now made if Ryzen doesn't win the gaming benches, that its unlikely to do.

How is AMDs reviewer guide again? Oh right...and when does Ryzen NDA lift? Is it after sales start? :D

I was under the impression the NDA on reviews lifts tomorrow, 28.02.17 ...four days before sales commence.

I was under the impression the NDA on reviews lifts tomorrow, 28.02.17 ...four days before sales commence.
Wrong impression.
Calm your tits
12exqY.png

Take it with a grain of salt. I remember the last time that site posted a Kabylake review early, and the results seemed to be an outlier.
Got a link? Besides it looks like it uses QS of 1700X on earliest board BIOS, so can only go up from here.

Power consumption numbers are straight BS, that's for sure.

Back