RX580 for $79 at newegg.

Archaea

[H]F Junkie

Attachments

• RX580.jpg
    RX580.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 0
It's a Chinese seller/brand with one (albeit positive) review. I would advise caution. Not that you can't get good items from a no-name Chinese brand, but less enforcement on counterfeiting and quality assurance means you're rolling the dice.

It is also shipped and sold from the seller, so shipping from China. I would also caution that the return process could be a nightmare, if one exists at all.

These are almost always cards built with used chips from donor cards. It's probably going to be alright 9/10 times, but there's definately a chance the chip dies on you before you think it will based on it's previous life.

I've seen these on Amazon as well, curious, but I own 2 580s already, don't need more

honestly look at the used market. Buddy got a 1070ti for 70-80$
I would be hard pressed to take something like that for free let alone pay for it. 95% of these used cards would have been abused in mining rigs for the past couple years.

We oughta fix that as a country.
They used to not, and then people got complaining about cost. Its still cheaper to mfg in asia and transport than it is to pay N/A wages. The raw materials need transported from asia anyway, so why not just finished product.

I have a real RX 580 8Gb made by Power Color / Red Dragon model bought new with 2 free games for $189 in 2018 era, I have never seen a product hold value so long and fakes exist of it that have value also.
It's probably the best price to performance card amd has made in years

Well at that price now it's a horrible idea haha
It's brand new and some reviewers still feel that the cards can still offer good value at 1080p with FSR 1 / 2 / 2.2 and Intel Xess will work also, the card is DX 12 and only SAM doesn't work. if you could still find a cheap water block!

It's brand new and some reviewers still feel that the cards can still offer good value at 1080p with FSR 1 / 2 / 2.2 and Intel Xess will work also, the card is DX 12 and only SAM doesn't work. if you could still find a cheap water block!
Eh, brand new or not the performance is bad. You can get a 6600 for around that price new.

Eh, brand new or not the performance is bad. You can get a 6600 for around that price new.
I recently went from RX 580 to 6600 and the 6600 has difference is performance, thermal, and power consumption is pretty noticeable even on e-games. Diablo 4 tomorrow!

I've seen a few of these. When I took a deep dive they had lower spec (and of course as far as build quality/warrenty go?) sort of a net.cafe version I recall AMD putting out.
And also possibly what everyone above is saying too.

It's a Chinese seller/brand with one (albeit positive) review. I would advise caution. Not that you can't get good items from a no-name Chinese brand, but less enforcement on counterfeiting and quality assurance means you're rolling the dice.

It is also shipped and sold from the seller, so shipping from China. I would also caution that the return process could be a nightmare, if one exists at all.
i've seen from northwest repair on youtube they use a special chinese bios that you cannot get if you need to reflash the bios.

May have linked it before, but:

Note that, back then, rx6600's were over $250. With prices as they are now, these rx580 models are overpriced at amazon, imo.

The RX 6600 is better card even in x4 on PCIe 3, mine is locked at 100watt, in full x8 on PCIe 4 with B550/ 5600x, the RX 6600 does around 22,500 gpu score in FS.

I use it on a 43" 4K 60Hz Roku TV, which gives me 1080p / 1440p / 2180p to pick from, I like playing World of Tanks and the RX 6600 can play 4K in that game.

They used to not, and then people got complaining about cost. Its still cheaper to mfg in asia and transport than it is to pay N/A wages. The raw materials need transported from asia anyway, so why not just finished product.
Pretty sure things are t any cheaper now lol

Back