Running game with no optical drive...

Dark Prodigy

Jawbreaker
I'm admittedly a noob at this...

My chic likes this slots game she bought (Reel Deel Slots)... and just HAS to play it on my notebook (Dell V13) when she's lounging around. :mad:

The problem is that my V13 has no optical drive and the game requires the disk to be inserted to play it. I have an external USB drive to install the game, but its a hassle trying to play it with it attached.

What would be the best way to play the game on my notebook and shut her up.

More than likely your gf's game is going to have some kind of copy-protection on the disc which in turn will be verified every time it's executed. Your run-of-the-mill CD/DVD ripper app is not going to rip those discs properly as it will read the copy-protection scheme as bad sectors on the disc and will either A) give up and spit out an error, B) recognize the CD as copy-protected and spit out an error or C) correct those "bad" sectors and create a useless image that will be rejected every time that game is started. You will need a specialized ripper/burner software like Alcohol 120% or Slysoft Clone CD in order to make an image of that CD.

[Or you can get a no-cd exe.. ]

Botnet install complete....
Awaiting activation from Skynet

Alcohol120 + VCD = win. Works beautifully.... now I have my quiet back. =)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Back