Rumble Pad 2 in Splinter Cell: CT

NeoNemesis

2[H]4U
I got the demo of Splinter Cell: CT and wanted to play it using my new and relatively unused Logitech Rumblepad 2. It works great except that I cannot control the camera, therefore I can't see where I'm going, or aim the gun. Ideally, I want to attach the camera to the second analog joystick but as far as I know there is absolutely no way to do this.

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this?

This really really sucks. This seems to happen with every game I try to use it for: GTA3, GTA:VC, SC: CT, KOTOR II. The only thing it works well with is my emulators.

you play kotor 2 with a controller?

btw my psx dual shock controller works fine in all the games i've tried (pop:sot (camera works), even halo, nfsu:2) only one that it kinda sucks in is mechwarrior 4.

I got it to work by using the Logitech Gaming Software to edit the right Analog Stick Axis properties.
For example, you have to set the "Right Analog X-Axis" to "Mouse X-Axis" and "Right Analog Y-Axis" to "Mouse Y-axis." This will make sure that the right analog stick moves the camera/gun/etc exactly the way it would move if you were moving the mouse.

What I don't like is that the sticks accelerate too much. I need to find a way to slow down the camera movement so I can actually see what's happening without everything whizzing by.

drdeutsch said:
I got it to work by using the Logitech Gaming Software to edit the right Analog Stick Axis properties.
For example, you have to set the "Right Analog X-Axis" to "Mouse X-Axis" and "Right Analog Y-Axis" to "Mouse Y-axis." This will make sure that the right analog stick moves the camera/gun/etc exactly the way it would move if you were moving the mouse.

What I don't like is that the sticks accelerate too much. I need to find a way to slow down the camera movement so I can actually see what's happening without everything whizzing by.

Decrease the mouse sensitivity.

GlobalFear said:
Decrease the mouse sensitivity.

That's one I didn't think of. I was doing everything in the Rumblepad options. But, I don't want to have to change the mouse sensitivity everytime I start and end a game.

Also, I noticed when playing Splinter Cell 1 today (I just got my Rumblepad), that Sam's walking/running speed is still controlled via the mouse wheel. On the PS2, how far you pushed the left analog stick decided whether sam crawled or ran.

I'm still trying to figure this rumblepad out.

drdeutsch said:
But, I don't want to have to change the mouse sensitivity everytime I start and end a game.

Is there a option within Splinter Cell for mouse sensitivity? I have never played it on the PC, but most games include a sensitivity setting.

drdeutsch said:
That's one I didn't think of. I was doing everything in the Rumblepad options. But, I don't want to have to change the mouse sensitivity everytime I start and end a game.

Also, I noticed when playing Splinter Cell 1 today (I just got my Rumblepad), that Sam's walking/running speed is still controlled via the mouse wheel. On the PS2, how far you pushed the left analog stick decided whether sam crawled or ran.

I'm still trying to figure this rumblepad out.

In splinter cell 3 with the rumblepad 2 I can control the run walk speed based on how hard I press forward on the left analog stick.

Back