RTX2080 and RTX2080Ti Reviews online

I was wondering why the comparison with TAA instead of MSAA or SuperSampling.

Looking at the screenshots, the blur is about the same as TAA. Some textures look better with DLSS and some with TAA, but the blur is noticeable.

FFXV doesn't support MSAA and the benchmark doesn't support resolution scaling.

Compared to the 1080ti, yes. Not the 1080.

I get you can argue about the price/performance ratio of the 2080 Ti and that's a fair argument but at 4k in particular the 2080 Ti is crushing the 1080 Ti. It's not a cost effective upgrade for 1080 Ti owners but the performance difference is significant at 4k at least.

Printing money yo.

-EOLVb.gif

I get you can argue about the price/performance ratio of the 2080 Ti and that's a fair argument but at 4k in particular the 2080 Ti is crushing the 1080 Ti. It's not a cost effective upgrade for 1080 Ti owners but the performance difference is significant at 4k at least.
It is faster, but crushing is not the word I would use. :)

It is faster, but crushing is not the word I would use. :)

It varies from a little bit to a lot but most of the reviews seemed to be very impressed with the 2080 Tis 4k performance over the 1080 Ti. In any case the 2080 Ti is about what I expected and I don't think I'll be crying too much when a give up the 1080 Tis.

Probably be a few days. They didn’t sign the NDA because it was percieved as fishy and restricting. They have cards, just need public drivers.

I'd imagine it would be a week, at the very least, from the time they get their cards. If [H] is lucky they'll get everything they ordered tomorrow.

Waiting on the HardOCP review before making my verdict on these cards. Generally the HardOCP review is most accurate to the performance in the real world. They also tend to have more little details about the cards that other reviewers miss.

Waiting on the HardOCP review before making my verdict on these cards. Generally the HardOCP review is most accurate to the performance in the real world. They also tend to have more little details about the cards that other reviewers miss.

Baring some sort of technical issue I don't see how any one review would change anyone's mind about an RTX 2080/2080 Ti. Bottom line is that for current games the 2080 is on par with the 1080 Ti for less money and ray tracing tech has a ways to go before it has significant impact if ever. The 2080 Ti is hella fast but of course the price/performance ratio is what many look at and only that.

I think anyone expecting these day one reviews to take it easy on nVidia got a bit of a shock, reviewers across the board were very critical of the pricing and lack of RTX tech at launch.

Baring some sort of technical issue I don't see how any one review would change anyone's mind about an RTX 2080/2080 Ti. Bottom line is that for current games the 2080 is on par with the 1080 Ti for less money and ray tracing tech has a ways to go before it has significant impact if ever. The 2080 Ti is hella fast but of course the price/performance ratio is what many look at and only that.

I think anyone expecting these day one reviews to take it easy on nVidia got a bit of a shock, reviewers across the board were very critical of the pricing and lack of RTX tech at launch.
Because some reviewers could of used the lowest underclocked 1080ti's? Settings? You never know.

He may mean since [H] don't ran canned benchie, it will give a more realistic number.

where's the [H] review?

Probably be a few days. They didn’t sign the NDA because it was percieved as fishy and restricting. They have cards, just need public drivers.

I'd imagine it would be a week, at the very least, from the time they get their cards. If [H] is lucky they'll get everything they ordered tomorrow.

He may mean since [H] don't ran canned benchie, it will give a more realistic number.

I'd venture to say that Kyle and team are hard at work putting something together. Kyle hasn't replied in these threads that I've noticed (I've been reading them throughout the day), and there is no front page posting with a group of links to all of the different "reviews".

The narratives of the RTX 2080/2080 Ti are the price/performance ratios and lack of RTX tech. More accurate benchmarks unless the current ones are WAY OFF won't change this.

I'd venture to say that Kyle and team are hard at work putting something together. Kyle hasn't replied in these threads that I've noticed (I've been reading them throughout the day), and there is no front page posting with a group of links to all of the different "reviews".

Kyle just posted a front page news topic with links to a bunch of reviews.

I had a hunch I'd end up looking for a sale on a 1080Ti. I'm not sure if I'm glad or disappointed that I was right.

I had a hunch I'd end up looking for a sale on a 1080Ti. I'm not sure if I'm glad or disappointed that I was right.

Same here.

I wish AMD would get on it. I wanna use the freesync 75Hz on my big ass monitor, and I don't think the Vega 64 is gonna do much for me over my highly OC'd 980ti

Same here.

I wish AMD would get on it. I wanna use the freesync 75Hz on my big ass monitor, and I don't think the Vega 64 is gonna do much for me over my highly OC'd 980ti
I really wish AMD had a competing product. I'd love to get FreeSync monitors down the line, and I dislike the kind of company that Nvidia has recently become, but the Vega 64 isn't quite as fast as I'd like and a tough sell at current prices.

I really wish AMD had a competing product. I'd love to get FreeSync monitors down the line, and I dislike the kind of company that Nvidia has recently become, but the Vega 64 isn't quite as fast as I'd like and a tough sell at current prices.

Well, judging by your sig, APU graphics would be an upgrade for you :D

The narratives of the RTX 2080/2080 Ti are the price/performance ratios and lack of RTX tech. More accurate benchmarks unless the current ones are WAY OFF won't change this.

I am looking forward to their analysis on some things like throttling and DLSS. Might be a while though...

From the gamersnexus review:
“ The all-time peak frequency was 2115MHz, but we ran into power perfcap limits that did not permit higher frequency. It’s odd, because the PCB can withstand far, far more amperage. NVidia has limited Turing’s overclocking capabilities and current throughput severely, and in ways which are non-linear with its overall improvements over the previous generation.”

Sounds like some soft/hard mods are going to be in order and watercooling for the 2080ti.

Oh I totally get that, if someone is dropping $1200 card, price/performance is the least of that person concern. I get it price/performance does matter for some people, but for others, they want absolute best performance. While I don't agree Nvidia using the Ti name for the halo card, I don't agree people criticizing other people if they decide to purchase 2080Ti or 2080, this is no different from crapping on people buying the Vega 56 or 64.

Well, judging by your sig, APU graphics would be an upgrade for you :D
LOL, yeah, I looked at that and was like, "Damn, how long has it been since I updated that?"

That PC was donated, and the only things I'm still using from that PC are the monitors and keyboard (keyboard is a trooper, 18 years and still going strong). Sig updated. :)

LOL, yeah, I looked at that and was like, "Damn, how long has it been since I updated that?"

That PC was donated, and the only things I'm still using from that PC are the monitors and keyboard (keyboard is a trooper, 18 years and still going strong). Sig updated. :)

Looks much better, lol

Oh I totally get that, if someone is dropping $1200 card, price/performance is the least of that person concern. I get it price/performance does matter for some people, but for others, they want absolute best performance. While I don't agree Nvidia using the Ti name for the halo card, I don't agree people criticizing other people if they decide to purchase 2080Ti or 2080, this is no different from crapping on people buying the Vega 56 or 64.

I don't like the pricing of the RTXs anymore than anyone else. But after 18 months with the 1080 Tis I had the money for an upgrade and the 2080 Ti at 4k is great. I would expect great VR performance as well. But I certainly get folks staying away from these cards and indeed I get the lack of "value" here especially with RTX tech MIA.

Back