RTX Remix Runtime Open Source Available Now

erek

[H]F Junkie
could be good for the older generation

“To further help the community with Remix, several Remix engineers have joined the community-led RTX Remix Showcase Discord server, are providing guidelines on compatibility, and responding to mod developers' questions about RTX Remix. If you are looking to get started with your own Remix runtime open source project, head over to the Discord to find subject matter experts to collaborate with. We have also prepared some starter guides and documentation for mod developers as we continue to prepare the RTX Remix application.

Modding is all about community, and providing an open source RTX Remix runtime will help empower mod developers to expand Remix compatibility to even more classic PC games. We look forward to seeing how creators usher in this new era of modding with RTX Remix.”

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/307143/nvidia-rtx-remix-runtime-open-source-available-now

I ran Star Wars Galaxies emu with this and it looks pretty cool. Some of the lighting effects are amazing. There are still some big issues such as walking into a room in some areas and the room being pitch black except for the one lighting source in the middle of the room. Humanoid faces appear all black for some reason but the alien faces appear to be ok. It needs a lot of work still and I wish I could contribute to it. I should have gotten a screenshot or two. Maybe I'll get to that later.

I had to take photos because in-game screenshots didn't work due to some Directx issue. Sorry about the bad photos and crappy monitor. It looks a lot better IRL.

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0921.jpeg
IMG_0922.jpg

Last edited:
I want to see Dark Souls with this.

Well then get to work! It's not that hard to use. I tried doing UT99 with it a couple months ago, but unfortunately there are parts of the game that make it incompatible. It was pretty easy to get stuff setup and running though.

Well then get to work! It's not that hard to use. I tried doing UT99 with it a couple months ago, but unfortunately there are parts of the game that make it incompatible. It was pretty easy to get stuff setup and running though.
Ha. I am not a programmer so it's a bridge a bit too far.

Ha. I am not a programmer so it's a bridge a bit too far.
You don't need to do any programming. Most of the stuff is done automatically, then you can go in and replace textures or whole objects using a UI.

Back