RT Impressive games

rinaldo00

2[H]4U
I finally broke down and bought a 4090 so it is time to see what RT looks like first hand. Whenever I see people discussing games that have impressive RT graphics I see the same three games always mentioned, Cyberpunk 2077, Control, and Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition. What are some others?

Once the novelty wears off the RT is useless, IMMHO. Any animation pro will tell you render farm or bust with RT.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Minecraft RTX, and Dying Light 2 are a couple more games I'd recommend for RT features.

Battlefield V
Bright Memory: Infinite
Dying Light 2
Icarus
Martha Is Dead
Resident Evil Village
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I agree that is why I waited 5 years to upgrade. I bought the 4090 for more raster performance at 4K but I do want to try RT now that I have it.
With the 4090 there really isn't a reason to not use ray tracing since it's powerful enough to run everything turned on at that resolution. The only games I've had to use DLSS in so far were The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077, and Portal RTX.

Portal RTX is a good ray tracing demo

These are the games I have with ray tracing

1689358825874.png

Native HDR support

1689358881009.png

A bunch of older games will support HDR with Auto HDR support, way more than native TBH and too long to show/list here (there's more than on this list, basically any DX 10 game from what I've seen)

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_Auto_HDR

Hellblade is a good one with ray tracing and HDR if you haven't played that

Once the novelty wears off the RT is useless, IMMHO. Any animation pro will tell you render farm or bust with RT.
Disagree, the games that were built with raytracing GI in mind NEED raytracing enabled or it just looks like shit without it. Dying Light 2 being the perfect example.

But yes, it's not that many games. Most games the raytracing is just bolted on to a game that already had a lot of investment into the baked lighting.

Dying Light 2 and Cyberpunk are games which are improved by RT, but not crippled in performance.

Witcher 3, I have mixed thoughts. Weird artifacts as one might expect from an old game with added RT.

The Metro Exodus RT edition is a case where the game assume you have RT on as it is required and was designed by artist to look like they want with it, sometime with RT things are more realistic with the scene lights but that not the desired look, Metro is close to objectively 100% better looking almost all the time with RT as it get.

Also run extremely well on a 4090:
metro-exodus-rt-3840-2160.png

Never tried myself but Fortnite is an other one that the very simpler made for high performance world made to push Lumen RT quite a bit.

As for some game that look a lot different with RT on than OFF because it us a lot of the more flashy element of RT like more accurate real time reflexion, there Hogwarts Legacy, but I think they cost a lot

The only game that actually made me really appreciate it was Cyberpunk 2077. In the city environment the reflections on the glass and stuff are really nice, and extremely noticeable. Other games I own that have RT I don't notice anything besides a 50% performance hit.

Forza Horizon 5 has RT and was on sale recently, it says RT is set to High on my RTX 3070

Forza Horizon 5 has RT and was on sale recently, it says RT is set to High on my RTX 3070

Can't really see it in this game, check the first 1 minute or so:

The best RT implementations that I've noticed in games so far is the Ambient Occlusion and shadows

I think Metro Exodus: Enhanced Edition is a must play Raytraced game. Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, Portal RTX and The Witcher 3 all look very good as well.

This FSR 2.2 in Q mode with RT set to med with 4K High @ 60hz on RX 6700 with their newest driver 23. 7 .1

Back