RT-AC87R Wireless Issues

Blackjack

[H]ard|Gawd
So recently my family has been complaining of speed and connectivity issues connecting to wifi on their iPhones and a Macbook Air. I haven't noticed anything on my own iPhone or any of my wireless devices (mostly a Roku). Router is located on the top floor a 3 story house. Signal strength one floor down (living floor) is 90-100% as measured by a matching Asus wireless adapter. That same adapter worked just fine with a desktop in the basement (2 floors down).

Are there any known wireless issues with iOS/MacOS devices with this router? Has anyone experienced anything similar? Let me know what settings you may need in order to help diagnose, I'd rather not get another router or wireless setup but will if I need to.

I've been having issues with network connectivity and my iPhone since iOS9. Prior to that it was rock solid. Had the same router the whole time. iPad never, ever loses connectivity but phone can go maybe 2 or 3 days or at times need to be reset multiple times per day. Don't have an ASUS router.

Back