Rotating speaker position?

Breath_of_the_Dying

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering if there was a way to rotate which audio channel goes to which speaker in Windows 7.

The issue is my computer is on the north side of my room while my TV is on the west side. I'd like to have my 7.1 setup aligned for my TV so I can easily plug in my PS3 and watch movies with the correct positioning, and then on my computer have a relatively close positioning when I play games.

For example, the back right speaker when I'm using my TV, I'd like to use as my Front Right when I'm on my computer, and my Side right on TV would be my Center Speaker. I know it'd be a little off because I'd have not Side Right and but I'd have a "back center", but it would be close enough for me.

Worst case scenario I guess I can just unplug all the speakers and plug them in in their relative location, but I'd like for it to not come to that.

Here's what I'm using
Sound Card-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Speakers-Creative Inspire P7800
OS- Win7 Pro 64bit

really neat idea, should be incredibly simple, but not with your Audigy SE's drivers

if you've got onboard Realtek audio you can re-assign individual stereo pairs as you want, not sure if this will do exactly what you need, but it will get close, pretty sure C-Media's drivers still have a feature like this as well, so bgears, HT Omega, and likely Asus are your friends

Back