rogue spear on Windows XP?(among others)

FalconSS

[H]ard|Gawd
Specs:
ABIT IC7-G max2
Intel 2.8C
2Gb Corsair XMS
2x wd 80gb in RAID 0 (F and G drives)
ATI X850pro vivo oc'd to (540,594)

I just came into a lot of the old classics...

Rogue Spear
Urban Operations
Heros of Might and Magic 3
Dark Reign:the future of war
Command and Conquer
tribes
outpost 2
dungeon keeper
Duke Nukem
Betrayel in Antara
Lode Runner
X-com: terror from the deep
master of orion

someone was selling all of them for 5 bucks(together) at a garage sell...all are taken care of in original jewel cases with manuals. I couldn't pass up a lot of my old favorites and there are some in there ive never heard of (betrayel in antera).

anyway, I have looked on the internet and found people can install the original rogue spear on an XP machine and have it run fine. mine will not even let me attempt it...the autostart screen will come up and when I click install it will me the error below. tried compatability modes, just wondering if anyone else has this problem...

F:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MSdos and Micrsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

any help will be appreciated... Thanks!

I installed RS on XP a while ago, when XP was just released and it installed without problems, just a small application (creative something gave a small issue, nothing serious) but the game worked perfectly fine. You may need admin permissions to access and modify then autoexec.nt file

oldmx

I built the comp and ive had it for 3 years...(few upgrades along the way). I have admin privs. it seems almost any dos game I can't even install. I did install HM&M3 with no problem and only a really minor sound bug. deusX installed fine with no problems and Ive installed C&C red alert with no problems. whats the deal?

Back