Rob's HTPC Setup (CableCard, Touchscreen LCD, etc..) PICS!

The MyMovies remote cannot turn on device like TV's, AVR's right?

Nope. The only i have found is the iruleathome.com thing. But i tried it and I couldnt figure out how to get it do what i wanted.
Secondly, there are no base templates that i found at the time (4 months ago) and i dont have the time or patience to create buttons and the like in photoshop.
Third even if i got it to work with everything it still couldnt control my URC lighting.

URC announced an ipad at CEDIA last year.....hopefully they can get their act together. :rolleyes:

The MyMovies remote cannot turn on device like TV's, AVR's right?

correct,

RedEye is a decent iOS to IR bridge, but it is its own app and hardware, and since it lacks ports for wired IR blasters I couldnt us it in my system

UPS Just brought me some goodies! :D

I also Just purchased AnyDVD HD, My Movies Points for the my Movies Disc Copier and Music Copier (Currently ripping my DVD's to my WHS)

I also bought another XBOX360 from a member here on [H], Waiting on it to arrive.

i will be buying MyMovies points for disk copier as well. its so easy :D

whats the pic of?

i will be buying MyMovies points for disk copier as well. its so easy :D

whats the pic of?

Yeap! By far the easiest way to rip Blu-ray & DVD's for Media Center is the My Movies Disk Copier, I like how after its done the DVD Tray automatically opens and I just insert another disk. I was thinking of buying a 5 Bay CD/DVD Duplicator Tower and using it with my movies. Blu-Ray drives are $50 on Newegg... 5 Disk Blu-Ray ripping station hmmmm :p

http://www.directron.com/csilyares5b.html?gsear=1

The pictures are the sub and the RF base stations.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-635

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-MRF-350-RF-Base-Station/dp/B000LG3PB4

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
URC announced an ipad at CEDIA last year.....hopefully they can get their act together. :rolleyes:

I wonder how that will work, will they release an app? or will it be like the Vidabox iPad control (Which is web based and runs off a server)

Here are a few updates.

1. Ordered a MRF-260 Base Station (http://www.universalremote.com/products/commercial/base-stations/mrf-260) I have 14 Devices to control and two MRF-350's will allow control of 12 devices. [I have 14 devices to control]

Kitchen TV
Living Room TV 1
Living room TV 2
Living Room TV 3
Media Room TV
Main HTPC
Playstation 3
EDGE Media Center Extender
XBOX360
AVR Living Room
AVR Media Room
Matrix Switcher
Projector Screen
Projector

2. Ordered another Sub for the living room

3. Bought an iPad from another member here on [H]

5. Denon receiver stop working on System #2, Denon is making my life miserable. I bought a new Onkyo 3D ready receiver to replace it. More money wasted :mad:

4. Main Living Room TV stop working :mad: Need to get this fixed, More money wasted :mad:

5. Still need to work In Garage (Drywall, Paint, Install Projector, Speakers etc..)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your setbacks, hopefully there wont be anymore. But we are loving the work you are doing and hope you will keep posting updates.

Sorry to hear about your setbacks, hopefully there wont be anymore. But we are loving the work you are doing and hope you will keep posting updates.

Thanks man. Its been a emotional roller coaster for me :p Sometimes I wish i never started this project, I could have been easily been done 2 years ago if I would had kept it simple, and here is something most people don't know, this WHOLE SYSTEM is just for me :eek: my dad has his own extender in his room and he doesn't know how to control the other stuff through out the house, hes old school.

Overkill? Yeap. I could admit that, people always ask "Dude why so many TV's" I say why not? Plus I like to entertain all my family/guest when they come over, nothing like watching a UFC or Boxing fight on 10 TV's, I give Hooters a run for their money.

Got some more goodies...

Im going to integrate 2 Apple TV's into the setup, so I can have best of both worlds. I also received my replacement AVR & a few USB extenders. I'm going to run a few USB extenders to the garage so I can have USB access to my HTPC's (Which are located in the house)

Here's the latest.

I received an Email that my Ceton 4 Tuner card has Shipped!, I also received 2 more XBOX360's and another Gen 1 Apple TV.

Why the gen 1 ATV? Going to hack it?

The ATV 2 rocks btw, I've got two of them.

I was able to get two brand new Gen 1 Apple TV's for $150, My setup is Component and the new ATV's are HDMI, I would have to buy two $99 adapters to convert the HDMI to Component (HD Fury).

Plus, the Gen 1 Apple TV's have a hard drive built in for local storage, unlike the version 2 Apple TV... and YES I'm going to hack it ;)

Mmmmm, I dream of getting an ATV1, hacking it and installing MC7 on it. :D

I just don't know if the hardware will support it (i imagine that I could probably remove the mini PCIe wifi card for the broadcom decoder card).

Mmmmm, I dream of getting an ATV1, hacking it and installing MC7 on it. :D

I just don't know if the hardware will support it (i imagine that I could probably remove the mini PCIe wifi card for the broadcom decoder card).

Yeah that be cool, I want to be able to use my iPad has a remote control and play my iTunes music in sync on both ATV's (I think that's possible)

:cool:

So much jealousy fueled hatred running through my veins right meow.

Great build thread Rob!

Finally finished rack #1

Component List (From top to bottom)

Onkyo TX-SR507
Denon AVR589
Plannar PL1700 Monitor
Niveus Edge Extender
Impact Acoustics 3x5 matrix Switch
XBOX360
Sony PS3
4 Port KVM Switch
Keyboard
XBOX360
Wii
Apple TV
Dell Poweredge 2950
HTPC
Windows Home Server

Alright, for all 3 of you who are following my build thread. I present the deal of year! I was looking around for a custom made door for my A/V Rack, The door is about 8 feet high and Home Depot and Lowe's wanted about $800 for a custom made door with glass :(

to make a long story short I bought one today!!!! :D There is a 2nd hand store near me (Kinda like good will) and they had this brand new looking door for $79!!! needless to say I bought it instantly. Its a little too wide but I will trim the edges and make it fit.

Amazing..... :D

Door was installed this weekend! door is very heavy. I still need to paint the inside and outside.

Plenty of stuff to do but the project is coming along...

Last August I bought two brand new AudioSource AMP-100 Amplifier's. To make a long story short I didnt get around to testing them till TODAY (True Story) Well I am mad because they both took a shit :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I was testing them today with my kitchen touch panel and it was working great for 15 minutes then all of a sudden it stopped working,I go to the closet to see whats going on and there was smoke coming out of them!!!!! :mad: now im out $200, boy I love waisting money :rolleyes:

Maybe I should have read this guy's review

:(

Here's a few updates.

1. I bought this great software called Sincast 3 (http://sinderon.com/software.htm) it allows me to sync any Audio/Video files (even YouTube vids) to all my HTPC's/Laptops/Touch Panels, and the best part it was only $10 I recommend this if you have multiple PC's and want to do multi-zone Audio or Video

2. Sold my Ceton infinitv 4 :( I plan to buy 1 or 2 Six Tuner HDHomerun Prime's

Pictures coming soon :D

Sincast looks neat.

What was wrong with the Ceton?

Nothing was wrong with it. I bought it and it was just sitting in it's box for months. I haven't had cable in over a year, so I'm already used to not having it.I have PLENTY of things to keep me entertained [like Hulu,netflix, video games, Doing projects around the house, etc...] I will eventually buy 2 SIX Tuner HDHomeruns next year. :cool:

Just finished 1st coat of primer

And for shits and giggles, My MAC setup (Still need to buy a Keyboard/Mouse)

looks great, reminds me to post some updates ever once in a while...

i still have my rack sitting in my garage!

I finally finished rack #1

Took almost 3 months to finish [I bought the door on 4/15/2011)

TOTAL COST: $80 for the door, $80 in aluminum, $40 in Paints & Primer (Outside paint is Rust-Oleum Painters Touch "Satin Espresso", Inside is Rust-Oleum Painters Touch "Glossy Black").

I changed the door hinge from a Brass one to a Nickel Continuous Hinge to match the aluminum $15

Overall I'm pretty happy the way it came out. :D :D

NEXT PROJECT: INSTALL AND FIX MY 3 TOUCH PANELS (PICTURES COMING NEXT WEEK)

Last edited:
Back