Robot Quadrotors Perform James Bond Theme

If this isn't evidence that Skynet is approaching I don't even know what else to believe.

You do know our future robot masters are going to remember all the stupid shit we did to them, right?

Indeed, that was very satisfying... I'm not quite sure why, but it was.

Pretty awesome. I'll have to read later what they use to actually run the quadcopters... I'd assume it's IR tracking like most of the other multirotor projects...

I'd love to build an ArduCopter project... it's just moving so fast it's hard to not wait a few months for the next revision. Supposedly they're moving to ARM next, might enable even smoother motions with a higher refresh rate... Guess I'll just stick with my FPV stuff for now until this autopilot stuff starts to level off...

Ok where can I get me some of these quadrotors? I'd like to make these fuckers do some yard work!

Build larger ones and fit them with paintball guns. It would make paintball combat more interesting.

Build larger ones and fit them with paintball guns. It would make paintball combat more interesting.

And that is how it starts, paintball is just one step before guns, which is one step before total enslavement of humans.

Pretty awesome. I'll have to read later what they use to actually run the quadcopters... I'd assume it's IR tracking like most of the other multirotor projects...

I'd love to build an ArduCopter project... it's just moving so fast it's hard to not wait a few months for the next revision. Supposedly they're moving to ARM next, might enable even smoother motions with a higher refresh rate... Guess I'll just stick with my FPV stuff for now until this autopilot stuff starts to level off...

Any idea how the ArduCopter project compares with the CopterControl Project? I know they (CC) plan on releasing their new revision in the coming month(s).

People Please
Your're gonna tic off Pussy Galore!
(J Bonds secreatary)

I was impressed with their accuracy. Most of us have seen the robotic drummers and such, but those are arms/legs with some rigidity... to do this in the air is, I assume, much more challenging.

Do these things remind anyone else of the Man Hacks from Half Life 2? All they need to do now is start attacking us...:eek:

Well, you know, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. It could stay in standby until an IR detector saw the errant feline and then it would launch and engage. :eek:

I was thinking the exact same thing... I already have IR network cameras in my back yard! Just need to confiugure the motion detection to alert my drone army!

I'm very excited about the potential use of these to tend greenhouse crops....

People Please
Your're gonna tic off Pussy Galore!
(J Bonds secreatary)

IIRC, Pussy Galore originally worked as a pilot for Goldfinger.
(You may be thinking of Moneypenny.)
But, yeah, pretty awsome video.

That was pretty neat. Good stuff from U. Penn. It reminds me of one of their robots that threw out the 1st pitch at a Phillies game last year. :cool:

Back