RMA'd my ti4200...got a FX5900XTOC 128mb back

rusty

Limp Gawd
wow..this is awesome. i just want to know. how does the FX5900XTOC compare to my 9800 pro 128mb in my other system?? and also, how does it compare to my old ti4200 i sent back? thanks BFG!

Nice upgrade. I've had 4 BFG cards so far and I never needed to return any of them. It's good to know it's possible to get something better if I ever do need to RMA it.

rusty said:
wow..this is awesome. i just want to know. how does the FX5900XTOC compare to my 9800 pro 128mb in my other system?? and also, how does it compare to my old ti4200 i sent back? thanks BFG!

The 5900XTOC smokes the ti4200, 50%+ faster, over twice as fast with AA/AF.

Compared to the 9800PRO 128mb, its a bit faster in OpenGL but slower in complex DX9 games like Far Cry.

good deal ya got there.

I bought my dad a 128mb Ti4200 that went bad. They replaced it with an FX 5200 (much slower). After much effort in actually finding someone to talk to at PNY, and several e-mails, they agreed to swap that out for an FX 5600. Unfortunately, right before shipping it out, my dad called them to see if they would do a cross-ship (so he doesn't lose use of his computer) and a new person is now saying that they won't do the swap and we're back at step one.

I will never buy another PNY product again. Beware.

Back