RMA HDD to Hitachi?

diredesire

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey, just wondering if anyone has any experience RMAing a hard drive to Hitachi? I've RMAed quite a few to WD (due to my own stupidity, surely) and they are pretty relaxed on their RMA procedures. I checked out Hitachi's site and they seem to be pretty anal about packaging etc... they require firm foam materials etc.. does anyone know how stringent they are on these requirements? I know WD does a ship-first and you send the drive back after you get theirs (emergency shipment) but i couldn't find that option for the hitachi HDD... I'm wondering because i've had some hard drive controller cards (on the bottom of the drive) fry or go bad, and a swap from an identical/similar model usually does the trick.

Thanks for any help you can give ;D

Just got mine back from Hitachi last week. They're cool as long as u keep to their packing guidelines. The replacment drive they sent me was supposedly not affected by the prev DEATHSTAR issues that killed my prev IBM branded deskstar

You should be fine as far as the RMA goes...

Thankfully it wasn't a Fujitsu drive. They have the strictest RMA policy I've ever seen...

Good luck.

Hitcahi has a 3 year warranty on their drives these days and you can instantly check your warranty remaining on their website.

Back