ripping dvd audio?

skinlab

Gawd
ive got a dvd-audio cd (came with my audigy zs) and id like to rip the audio from it into mp3, so i can play the files i like off my harddrive instead of having to insert the dvd every time.

i use smartripper and dvd2avi and a whole host of other crap to rip my dvds, but im not sure about audio.

should i use smartripper to rip the vods, then dvd2avi to convert the audio, then besweet to convert again or what? i honestly have no clue

if anyone knows, please let me know. thanks.

Can't be done, DVD-audio is different then the audio on DVD-Video. No one has cracked the encryption on DVD-audio yet. And even if it was already cracked, I wouldn't compress it to an mp3!

On normal DVD-Audio discs where they have an extra Dolby Digital track, you can rip this and convert to file format of choice. But in this case, the CD version would probably sound better (but without multichannel surround).

Originally posted by skinlab
any clue what software i would go about using for doing so?

thanks

Doing what?

You can't rip a DVD-A disc.

If you want to play it on your Comp, I think Power DVD supports DVD-A discs.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

If you didn't want bit-perfect quality (which you probably don't for mp3's) there are a few roundabout ways of doing it. You can try simply recording while playing back the music, using something like a "what you hear" option or by (really roundabout) putting a microphone next to your speakers.

Originally posted by dravalier
...You can try simply recording while playing back the music, using something like a "what you hear" option or by (really roundabout) putting a microphone next to your speakers.

Then you could sing along to the songs and convince your friends that they're a singer. :D

Back