RIP NZXT Rogue. I will miss you.

SarverSystems

Supreme [H]ardness
Since it is now discontinued, I am at a loss.

Other than the X-Qpack/X-QPack2 and clones, what other cases come close to this?

I've built 5 systems in less than 6 months with just this case.

I'm glad I bought my Rogue when I did. Ordered it a few weeks after the big stores like Newegg and such stopped selling it (and when I found out it was discontinued), but found a black Rogue with the red LEDs on Xoxide. Two weeks later, I hear Xoxide is up for sale/shutting down, lol.

The Qmicra v2 is still being made. Expensive though.

You could go with this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156200

It has nearly the same layout internally, although there isn't quite as much internal space. There is no real intake on this case so you will need to cut holes in the side for intake. I've cut holes in mine for 120 fans...one on each side. You have to take very good measurements or you will bump against a number of components.

I have a i7 920 in mine with a TRUE.

You could go with this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156200

It has nearly the same layout internally, although there isn't quite as much internal space. There is no real intake on this case so you will need to cut holes in the side for intake. I've cut holes in mine for 120 fans...one on each side. You have to take very good measurements or you will bump against a number of components.

I have a i7 920 in mine with a TRUE.

BAM! Now we're talking!!!! Glad I waited to finalize the quote that included an X-QPack2 instead. I will have to quickly swap it out for this case instead.

Why did they discontinue it? They coming out with something better or just giving up altogether in this sector?

Interesting note about the Rogue: I'm not sure it's compatible with the Radeon 5800 series. Due to the location of the PCIe connectors (on the top of the card), and the fact that both the 5850 and 5870 end up under the 5 1/4 bay, I don't think there's room to plug them in and route the cables. I'm gonna see what I can do though to get one to fit.

Since it is now discontinued, I am at a loss.

Other than the X-Qpack/X-QPack2 and clones, what other cases come close to this?

I've built 5 systems in less than 6 months with just this case.

The Rogue was basically a Qmicra v2 knock off. If you want something similar that is of higher quality I would look towards the Qv2. I owned the original Qmicra and it's still my favorite case out of all the ones I've owned.

http://www.pcdesignlab.com for more info.

You can purchase the case directly through Dave or you can find them @ performance-pcs or frozenCPU.

The Rogue was basically a Qmicra v2 knock off. If you want something similar that is of higher quality I would look towards the Qv2. I owned the original Qmicra and it's still my favorite case out of all the ones I've owned.

http://www.pcdesignlab.com for more info.

You can purchase the case directly through Dave or you can find them @ performance-pcs or frozenCPU.

A knock-off? Besides being somewhat similar in size (with the Rogue being larger), I don't really see the knock-off comparison (which is usually reserved for a product that is very, very similar to another).

Qmicra v2 has fans on the front, no front door, no windows.

The Rogue has 2 extra 120mm fans, and 4 of its 5 fans are on the sides, with no fans in the front. The front is entirely different. Even the shape of the case is different.

Just about the only major similarity (excluding size) seems to be the internal structure slightly, where both have the option of mounting HDDs vertically on the sides of the 5 1/4 drives. But other SFF cases have done this also, so it's nothing new.

I'm a Qmicra owner and I dont think its a knock off. SFF cases have been growing in size to accommodate the larger video cards and better cooling. I think the Rogue was just NZXT's version of a larger cube case. I think they just followed a natural evolution of basic cube design getting larger. I could be wrong but that's what I think happened here. Also, in terms of quality and performance the Qmicra is superior but more expensive.

If NZXT is just discontinuing the Rogue in favor of a new and updated SFF cube design I'd sure like to see what they have planned. See what they come up with from what they know didn't work and what did. ;)

You'd think they'd have the new design available before discontinuing the old one, just like Apevia did with the X-QPack and X-QPack2. Newegg still carries both, and the X-QPack2 has been out for well over a year.

You'd think they'd have the new design available before discontinuing the old one, just like Apevia did with the X-QPack and X-QPack2. Newegg still carries both, and the X-QPack2 has been out for well over a year.

Yeah, you'd think so but who knows. Maybe they do and just havent released it yet? Is the rogue officially discontinued even? I havent seen anything other than what you said but I havent gone and looked for myself either. :)

A knock-off? Besides being somewhat similar in size (with the Rogue being larger), I don't really see the knock-off comparison (which is usually reserved for a product that is very, very similar to another).

Qmicra v2 has fans on the front, no front door, no windows.

The Rogue has 2 extra 120mm fans, and 4 of its 5 fans are on the sides, with no fans in the front. The front is entirely different. Even the shape of the case is different.

Just about the only major similarity (excluding size) seems to be the internal structure slightly, where both have the option of mounting HDDs vertically on the sides of the 5 1/4 drives. But other SFF cases have done this also, so it's nothing new.

The fans on the V2 are on the sides and rear of the case. They just look extremely similar to me inside and out.

The closest to the NZXT you'll find is this one:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1455817
It's still under development but if you can wait a month and a half, you should be able to get your hands on it. And in many ways, it's better and the NZXT rogue (check out the size, weights and all the options it comes with). After, it might be a few bucks more but you get what you pay for.

Interesting note about the Rogue: I'm not sure it's compatible with the Radeon 5800 series. Due to the location of the PCIe connectors (on the top of the card), and the fact that both the 5850 and 5870 end up under the 5 1/4 bay, I don't think there's room to plug them in and route the cables. I'm gonna see what I can do though to get one to fit.
I was able to install my 5870 in my NZXT rogue without any more trouble then anything else in this cramped case gave me.
Yes, tight fit, yes, some wires in odd locations.
Using a Corsair HX1000, not sure if the thickness of it's wires impacted the ease of installation.
Of note, the card must be installed with the mother board already in the case, due to the body of the fan casing being a weeeee bit too tall, you can't install the card while the motherboard tray is removed.

I found the Rogue to be a great boat anchor for building stock, modding, and watercooling. Get a Lian Li PC-A05, or, for mATX, PC-A03. Even these "budget" Lian-Li's are worlds apart in build quality, and moddability.
3283 posts and counting, http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1133290
The Rogue is bigger than the A-05, but smaller inside, if you get what I mean. Shit, even the Siverstone SUGO series kicks the Rogue's ass in build quality, and price.

Back