Riotoro CR1080 Tiny ATX Case Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Riotoro CR1080 is getting a bunch of praise from the review staff at Legit Reviews today. The big selling point on this tiny case is that, despite its size, it still supports full-size ATX motherboards.

Previously, Legit Reviews took a look at their Prism CR1280 case, Ritoro’s first case, and the first RGB lit case. Today, we are taking a look at their newest case, the CR1080, this is only their fourth case they have released. This is a small case that is designed to support full size ATX motherboards, standard power supplies, and even some of the longest graphics cards.

Looks like the kind of case I've been looking for. I'm kind of over ATX mid- and full-towers. This one is about the size of a mATX case while still fitting ATX components.

not impressed. the design flaws and build quality on Riotoro cases are a turn off. they had better get their act together. lol @ "first RGB lit case". as idf that were cool, this CR1280 isn't nearly the first case to come with RGB fans. let alone there are cases that actually have RGB lighting built into the case itself. the cube case has no finishing touches and many space and fitment drawbacks. this case company is not off to a very good start IMO.

Almost the exact same thing as the Apevia line that has been around for a while and has a bunch of color options. Got the pink one for my wife. Amazon has the Apevias for about $50 too: https://www.amazon.com/Apevia-X-ENERQ-PK-Computer-Case-Pink/dp/B01BH95LM4

Be prepared to use an AIO cooler or a low profile top down style for the cpu. The Apevia has fan mounts for the top, but unusable at all if you have full ATX mobo. Also the Apevia has a 120mm fan mount on the side panel, but only if it is a slim 15mm or less and then only still if your GPU doesn't have any extra thickness in width via PCB or HSF.

I would also highly recommend using a blower style GPU. I had a Gigabyte Windforce 280x that would idle at 49C because the heat had nowhere to go. When I installed a blower style GPU the idle temp was 34C

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back