Reviving the Vinster

Kaos_Drem

Gawd
So this is my worklog for my Vinster M@X to Vinster MiX conversion.

First teaser image to show that it is in progress
lvgEI.jpg

Will follow with more pics of the internals and externals...The standoffs on the side are there for a reason don't worry ;)

I'm terrible with worklogs...But I have made some progress.

img0723yb.jpg

Last edited:
ACK! What the fuck is that? I think that might be the ugliest piece of electronics I've ever seen!

Is there a reason you're reviving this instead of burying it? Afraid it might come back on its own and haunt your family? :p

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. Especially when you have no idea what he plans on doing yet.

InternationalHat that was a bit rude..
OP I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

ACK! What the fuck is that? I think that might be the ugliest piece of electronics I've ever seen!

Is there a reason you're reviving this instead of burying it? Afraid it might come back on its own and haunt your family? :p

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1361554

These cases were originally made many years ago before itx boards became popular. I liked what I saw and never got the chance to get one, a nice person on these forums offered me one that was a prototype for just the cost of shipping it. Trust me when I say that the end result will look only slightly reminiscent of what this first pic shows.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1361554

These cases were originally made many years ago before itx boards became popular. I liked what I saw and never got the chance to get one, a nice person on these forums offered me one that was a prototype for just the cost of shipping it. Trust me when I say that the end result will look only slightly reminiscent of what this first pic shows.

I love this case, Can't wait to see it finished. Give it to me!

Love my vinster, been running strong for 4 years now. Very little limitations for upgrades if you are will to do ANY research.

My current build includes:

AMD Phenom II x3 @3.5GHz
16GB RAM
Geforce GTX 550 Ti
1TB HD
500w (or similar like that 1u psu)

My next upgrades includes:

AMD AM3+ 3.6GHz 8-Core processor
32GB RAM
GeForce GTX 570 Ti
700W 1u PSU

update!!!!! I just got a new mobo for mine.. now rocking a Phenom II x6 @3.5Ghz, and 16GB RAM (in my vinster m@x that is)

Really nice to see my babies still alive out there.
I have 2 left (same color as mine), PM me if you want.

This is my current build. Runs great.
Case is negitive air pressure. Vent holes outside of fan frame (next to power buttons on back) are coverd with clear tape.
Inside temp is the same as outside since all 3: PS, Vid, and fan are drawing all the air out the back. All air comes in the front.
Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3
Seasonic 1U 520W
Saphire 7970
16G Geil
i5-2500k (slight OC for now)
Drive caddy with Slot feed CD
2 Ejectable drives
Samsung SSD for boot
WD500 Disk for storage.

(I am Greg aka Vinster)

403641_10200184901569476_1764963710_n.jpg

576417_10200184919569926_1361631133_n.jpg