[Review] BenQ BL2411PT: IPS bomb that’ll finally destroy flickering Dell U2412M

@stefanp67, what revision is your monitor ?
mine is Rev-AL 00-007, made in May.

What settings you have chosen for your monitor?
I use: user mode, brightness 18(for the night), 25(for daytime), contrast 50, sharpness 4, gamma 3, color tempereature - user define (R=100, G=99, B=96).

My mfg.date is September 2013 and rev is 00-008-AL. The settings i use are

Brightness: 33 (=160 nits, at 120 nits i think it looks a little dull)
Color temp: User define
Red: 100
Green: 99
Blue: 96

The rest of the settings are at default (Contrast=50, Sharpness=5, Gamma=3). I also made a display profile for it with a ColorMunki spectro and ArgyllCMS + dispcalGUI.

Last edited:
OK, almost identical settings.
Pictures looks great on your monitor :cool: .
Wow, very well, you have a Spectrophotometer :D
Can you share your calibrated monitor profile?
Can you tell me what value has black cd/m2 at brightness 18 ? I'm very curious!
Thanks!

Last edited:
One thing i did notice on mine is that if i lower the brightness below 33 then it looks a bit dull so the matte coating need a little higher brightness to get the vivid colors.

One thing i did notice on mine is that if i lower the brightness below 33 then it looks a bit dull so the matte coating need a little higher brightness to get the vivid colors.
Is somewhat similar to me too but I prefer a deeper black

Can you share your calibrated monitor profile?
Can you tell me what value has black cd/m2 at brightness 18 ? I'm very curious!
Also, what value has brightness at 120 nits ?
Thanks!

@stefan67, can you tell me please how many squares you see on this test ? http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php#blacktest.png
I begin to see them starting with # 4, but 4 barely see. 1,2 and 3 i did not see them at all

Last edited:
My display profile can be downloaded from here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D881F7D6C955587F!7243

The spectro is not as good as a colorimeter at measuring black so i took the average of 5 readings with the spectro set to adaptive and the results are:

Brightness=18

Black level: 0.1192
White level: 130.42
Contrast: 1094

Brightness=33

Black level: 0.1453
White level: 161.29
Contrast: 1110

On the Lagom black square test i can see square 3 clearly and just make out square 2, i can see a very very faint square 1 but it is close to invisible.

Brightness 13 is 120 nits.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info ! ;)
It seems that my monitor revision is older and worse.
I talked to someone who had revision in August and told me that just as you can see small square 3 and even 2

LE. ok, now I've loaded your profile ICC and now I see this square 3 :)

Thank you again!

Last edited:
Give it a try with my profile and settings and see what happens. I did notice you have sharpness at 4, mines at 5 (default).

Time over here is now 1:43 am so its time for me to wrestle the bed for 8 hours or so :D.

I checked the color on the BL2411PT today and over the last 3-4 weeks it has drifted from D6500 to a colder color temperature of D6600. It's a new monitor so a little drift the first months were expected. New settings after calibration are:

Brightness: 33 (160 nits)
Red: 99
Blue: 94

A new color profile is available at https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D881F7D6C955587F!7243

After new calibration i checked the http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ and on the black level test i can clearly see 3 and just make out 2, number one is invisible. On the white saturation test i can see 253 but 254 is invisibel.

I am almost decided to buy this monitor at NCXI US. Since this is a monitor sold in Europe I would like to know if I will find any inconvenience (e.g voltage, picture, etc) for using it in USA? Thank you!

Allright, I just bought the BenQ BL2411PT at NCIX US. I'll keep you updated. Thanks!

I checked the color on the BL2411PT today and over the last 3-4 weeks it has drifted from D6500 to a colder color temperature of D6600. It's a new monitor so a little drift the first months were expected. New settings after calibration are:

Brightness: 33 (160 nits)
Red: 99
Blue: 94

A new color profile is available at https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D881F7D6C955587F!7243

After new calibration i checked the http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ and on the black level test i can clearly see 3 and just make out 2, number one is invisible. On the white saturation test i can see 253 but 254 is invisibel.

I try your new color profile, but i don't see any difference of first profile, both are the same to my eyes.
Anyway the picture is very good, thanks to your first profile i can see the square 3 and even 2 on the black level test from lagom, before I couldn't :D
It seems that the image quality was improved over time:), I am very pleased with this monitor.

New set of pictures and video taken with the phone
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14903909@N06/sets/72157639531246105/

I try your new color profile, but i don't see any difference of first profile, both are the same to my eyes.
Anyway the picture is very good, thanks to your first profile i can see the square 3 and even 2 on the black level test from lagom, before I couldn't :D
It seems that the image quality was improved over time:), I am very pleased with this monitor.

New set of pictures and video taken with the phone
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14903909@N06/sets/72157639531246105/

I think the changes between the profiles are much less than dE 0.5 so it is not visible to the human eye. The only thing that changed on my BenQ was the R, G, B settings for D6500 color temperature, 100, 99, 96 when new to 99, 99, 94 now after 3-4 weeks.

Nice gallery and i am really happy you are finally pleased with your BenQ :D.

Does NCIX US still have their dead pixel guarantee available? They seem to be the only website that sells this monitor in the US.

Any reason to go out of my way to buy a BL2411PT instead of VS24AH-P?
I can afford both but I would be able to get the ASUS faster and it would be more convenient. But if the Benq is worth the extra price and effort I will get it instead. Its gonna be gaming heavy so if one is better than the other I will go with that one. I've heard they are very similar and the specs look similar but it seems like the Benq is held in higher regard.

Any reason to go out of my way to buy a BL2411PT instead of VS24AH-P?
I can afford both but I would be able to get the ASUS faster and it would be more convenient. But if the Benq is worth the extra price and effort I will get it instead. Its gonna be gaming heavy so if one is better than the other I will go with that one. I've heard they are very similar and the specs look similar but it seems like the Benq is held in higher regard.

First of all i would recommend to buy a monitor from a store where you have the option to return it if you are not pleased.

In your case if you have to go out your way to get the BenQ i would try the Asus first and if it looks bad return it and get the BenQ.

If the Asus is good then you saved some cash if not then you only lost some time and gained an experience you could share here.

Also keep in mind that it appears the Asus has been going up in price instead of down, so its value is still a little questionable. Before Amazon (temporarily or permanently?) stopped selling it, for a little while it was on sale for $210. Of course, I had a temporary (though bad) monitor I was willing to use for a long time until I found something that matched all my various requirements.

This monitor looks great in portrait mode! I'll make a separate post about why I'm doing that, but I'm very happy with my purchase. Thanks very much for the good settings, stephanp67.

Nice pictures they show exactly what i wanted to show but my Canon Powershot hasn't been the same since i borrowed it to my nephews, the pictures i get from it are mostly blurry and colors are all wrong. For me it's the link in your first post that works.

The BL2411PT seems to be a real pearl among the debris of ips monitors today, not one review or owner has reported backlight bleeding or dead pixels yet though i havent found that many reviews. Very strange you can't buy this monitor in US.

This review shows blb exists on this monitor: http://www.overclockers.ru/lab/5526...or_i_testirovanie_monitora_BenQ_BL2411PT.html

On my Samsung S24A850DW i would say > 99% of the owner reviews i have seen have complained about blb so if more BenQ BL2411PT owners would give their opinion maybe we can see if was lucky with my BL2411PT or if BenQ have good quality control on this monitor.

Here's a picture of my Samsung S24A850DW (back from warranty repair) next to my BenQ BL2411PT. Both were adjusted to about 160 nits and to minimize ipsglow on both i had to take the picture from a distance of ca 2.5 meters. I must also add that the Samsung looks a little better when brightness are tuned down to 100-120 nits although the blb never goes away completely.

Last edited:
On my Samsung S24A850DW i would say > 99% of the owner reviews i have seen have complained about blb so if more BenQ BL2411PT owners would give their opinion maybe we can see if was lucky with my BL2411PT or if BenQ have good quality control on this monitor.

Here's a picture of my Samsung S24A850DW (back from warranty repair) next to my BenQ BL2411PT. Both were adjusted to about 160 nits and to minimize ipsglow on both i had to take the picture from a distance of ca 2.5 meters. I must also add that the Samsung looks a little better when brightness are tuned down to 100-120 nits although the blb never goes away completely.

very nice! Now BL2411T or the korean monitor... decisions decisions decisions

Could you guys who own this monitor tell me what is the lowest height you can get it to?

Right now I'm debating between this and the ASUS PA248Q and I know the ASUS goes down to 16".

The top of the monitor is 18" tall at the lowest setting in landscape mode.

There's a good video of its adjustments here.

Edit: I see from your other thread that the official height is 17.4" - that could quite possibly be true if I was just a bit sloppy with my tape measure. I would allow 18.0" to be safe.

Last edited:
The top of the monitor is 18" tall at the lowest setting in landscape mode.

There's a good video of its adjustments here.

Edit: I see from your other thread that the official height is 17.4" - that could quite possibly be true if I was just a bit sloppy with my tape measure. I would allow 18.0" to be safe.

Thanks for posting there as well.

OK, just got one of these monitors.

Three question:-
1) I'll swear I read somewhere this monitor can automatically adjust its brightness according to the amount of light in the room? If this is the case, how/where do you turn it off?
2) I noticed when I rotated the monitor to portrait mode my windows (Vista) didn't auto adjust to the correct (new) resolution 1200x1920? Is it suppose to? How do you do it?
3) My Catalyst Control Center reports the monitor is 1920x1200@75hz. Can you run the monitor at 75hz?

1) I believe I saw it somewhere in the OSD. It was off by default, as it should be.
2) Win7 doesn't either. I needed to go to the Nvidia Control Panel into the Rotate Display area. I assume the Catalyst Control Center would have a similar option but am not familiar with it. If all else fails, the Display Control Panel's Screen Resolution area will let you set the orientation.
3) I did not check for the ability to do 75Hz in the brief time I had it on my gaming rig because I didn't think of it and I've never had a monitor that might do it before. Whether an LCD monitor can do that without skipping frames varies. More info on how to do it and how to check it in this thread.

CCC reports max refresh rate 75hz and 1920x1200 as max resolution separately. It says nothing about it being possible to do it at the same time. That being said it might do 75hz but its not very likely. It would exceed the bandwidth limit of single link DVI and PCBs and while there are some PCBs that do that its quite uncommon. There is also a output limit on older graphics cards. But one can always try anyway with custom screen modes.

One option might be to set up a screen mode of 72hz in 1280x800 for video playback. Then you set up video player to open that res in fullscreen. For gaming I think most people would prefer native res and lower refresh.. it depends on how many fps you get form the game I guess. Its a tradeoff.

1) I'll swear I read somewhere this monitor can automatically adjust its brightness according to the amount of light in the room? If this is the case, how/where do you turn it off?

I finally have a better answer to that. Dynamic Contrast is only available in the Movie and Photo presets, and even in those presets it is turned off by default.

Hi guys! this monitor looks really good, I'm only afraid about the resolution 1920x1200, I was searching something with 1920x1080 for better compatibility with games and movies...

do you have any experience with movies on this model?

If your movie player can't handle playing a 1920x1080 movie on a 1920x1200 display, then you need a better movie player.

WideScreenGamingForum has in its Games List methods for almost every game out there to properly display on any resolution.

Question for owner of this monitor, is it a good monitor for use in a very dak room? Is it tono bright?

Question for owner of this monitor, is it a good monitor for use in a very dak room? Is it tono bright?

On page 3 of this thread, stefanp67 reported that brightness set to 13 is 120 nits which is the sRGB standard. That's what I've got it set to and it's comfortable for me in a room I tend to keep rather dim, even when the page is mostly white with black text.

I use the brightness at 20% and it seems very ok for me in a very dark room.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I received yesterday this Benq and so far looks really good, solid and good quality, screen colors are nice. I will do more tests in next days ;)

If you have some specific question, I'm available

Back