Retailers Recall Potentially Dangerous Buckyballs

It's not about the Goverment banning things you dumbasses.

It's about companies trying to avoid lawsuits that could destroy their business. The CSPC filing a lawsuit would just be the first in a chain of lawsuits. And even if it's clearly marked and there's no legal merit to a lawsuit, one can still be filed in civilian courts. The whole mess just isn't worth it.

The original importer has already gone out of business.

Resellers voluntarily stopping selling them, is just a cover your ass tactic.

Big warning label on the side should say "Warning, do not sell to anyone under 18, and DON'T EAT THE F#@KING THINGS!!!...Thank you". Not that it would stop parents from buying them for their 2 year old:rolleyes:

Ban them. Ban the devious little devils. Think of the children !!!

At least limit them to 10 balls per bag.

It's not about the Goverment banning things you dumbasses.

It's about companies trying to avoid lawsuits that could destroy their business. The CSPC filing a lawsuit would just be the first in a chain of lawsuits. And even if it's clearly marked and there's no legal merit to a lawsuit, one can still be filed in civilian courts. The whole mess just isn't worth it.

The original importer has already gone out of business.

Resellers voluntarily stopping selling them, is just a cover your ass tactic.

CSPC is single handily driving this crusade and generating the surrounding FUD. Without them it's a non-issue.

Now we are all going to be "forced" to order them from China for less than half the cost.

All the "BuckyBall" company did was repackage them and sell them for over double the cost.

i can understand that children may accidentally ingest these small magnets (though it is the parent's fault for leaving the toys accessible)

but teenagers using them as mock piercings? i have no problem with these dumbfucks removing themselves from the gene pool.

Knives are sharp and I cut myself the other day. We should recall all knives so I never get cut again.

You might be surprised at what would qualify as being "near" a 3 year old. Anything in the house that isn't bolted to the ceiling would be a good starting point.

It only takes about 5 minutes. Ever taken 5 minutes to do something else?

You realize you can get these things called locks to put dangerous things in safe places for when small children are around? All sorts of people have guns in their house and children. If they're smart, they lock them up, so the children can't play with them. It doesn't take much to keep something out of their hands, if you put even a little thought into it.

All sorts of people have guns in their house and children.
You're being too generous. Anyone with a young child needs to safeguard essentially everything. Consider mundane things like scissors, a pencil, cleaning products, an oven, vitamins, etc.

Parenting is already a deny-by-default occupation (child firewall rules!). Suggesting we ban something which is considerably less dangerous than any number of things I can find under my sink is beyond absurd.

It they are rare earth magnets, adults get injured by them also.

Those who haven't dinked with them do not know what they are missing.

Sometimes it's fingers. :D

Scary but fun to play with the bigger ones.

Normal magnets aren't going to seriously injure anyone by swallowing them. But these little monsters are different.

It they are rare earth magnets, adults get injured by them also.

Those who haven't dinked with them do not know what they are missing.

Sometimes it's fingers. :D

Scary but fun to play with the bigger ones.

Normal magnets aren't going to seriously injure anyone by swallowing them. But these little monsters are different.

Last year I was disassembling the magnet on an ion pump. The magnets weigh 50 pounds, at least, and are U shaped. I had pulled one apart before and it was one piece, so I removed all the bracket bolts for this one and pulled it off and

BAM

Not bracket bolts. This one was 3 pieces. It's a good thing I had grabbed the ends of the center piece, because if I had been holding elsewhere, I would have lost fingers.

Magnets are serious.

ITT: people without kids pontificating on how people should handle kids.
I fully appreciate that even the child of a good and careful parent might get their hands on dangerous things, but that doesn't mean we should ban all dangerous things.

I have a pile of rare earth magnets, use them for holding miniatures together. You can also use them for name tags and such. Banning them is just stupid.

You might as well recall knives, plastic bags, and anything else that unsupervised children can get in trouble with. :rolleyes: Ahh, the pussification of America continues. :mad:

Back