Resolution question

The return window is until Jan 13 can't hurt to try it just keep all the packaging in good shape for a potential return in case it doesn't meet your needs.

Won't be gaming on this monitor
Is it to do text based work (excel type and so on), I would imagine the way font-monitor work native will tend to be better than upscaling and downscaling back or at least quite hard to gain from it.

Never tried it and this is kind of old, but it could get blurry according to nvidia:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3587/~/how-to-enable-dynamic-super-resolution-in-games.#:~:text=With DSR enabled, you can,resolution in game as well.
With DSR enabled, you can also change the desktop resolution to match the DSR resolution within the NVIDIA control panel and Windows display settings, but image quality will not be clear. Games will also be able to detect the DSR resolutions within them and you can change the resolution in game as well.

If you already have the 3080 you can probably try with your current monitor (I do not imagine the monitor will know your upscaled and downscaled back to the monitor resolution before sending them the signal).

I want to buy this tomorrow will I be able to use dsr ro run it at 4k resolution and at least 120 hertz?
I have a 3080

Won't be gaming on this monitor

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...isplayport-hdmi-black/6532282.p?skuId=6532282
I've used DSR to get up to 5K resolution on my old PG278Q and it still ran at the monitor's native refresh rate of 144 Hz. I don't see why it wouldn't work in this monitor.
Is it to do text based work (excel type and so on), I would imagine the way font-monitor work native will tend to be better than upscaling and downscaling back or at least quite hard to gain from it.

Never tried it and this is kind of old, but it could get blurry according to nvidia:
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3587/~/how-to-enable-dynamic-super-resolution-in-games.#:~:text=With DSR enabled, you can,resolution in game as well.
With DSR enabled, you can also change the desktop resolution to match the DSR resolution within the NVIDIA control panel and Windows display settings, but image quality will not be clear. Games will also be able to detect the DSR resolutions within them and you can change the resolution in game as well.

If you already have the 3080 you can probably try with your current monitor (I do not imagine the monitor will know your upscaled and downscaled back to the monitor resolution before sending them the signal).
The image is more blurry using non-integer factors. 4K is 2.25x the pixels of 2560x1440, and using the same example above I can testify to this, which is why I went to 5K with a factor of 4.00x. The new DLDSR version might be better at non-integer factors, but I've never tried it.

Did it gave some benefit when you were not playing games (the op scenario) ?
No, but regardless it was obvious on the desktop when using the DSR resolution. I'm not saying that integer scale is without flaws, as the image clarity was still worse than native going to 5K, it just wasn't as bad as 4K.

Back