repairing speakers

Agashka

Limp Gawd
Hi, i got a set of surround speakers that, over time the speakers cable become loose and i have to bend the wires a certain way so i can make the speaker work. There is 3x 3.5mm cables going to my center speaker. I though maybe i could open the center, unweld and reweld some new cables. But the only audio cables i can find around are 1.5$ ones and i areally had some of them; they break too easily. Im no audiophile i just want a set of working speakers, but im looking for some hard cables.

Any suggestion? I was to buy Monsters Cable until i found they costs over 35$ per cable.

Go to monoprice.com. There's no need for me to regurgitate the millions of great reviews they have, but just know they're a good merchant with fast shipping and AWESOME products for a low price :). Their cables rival some of the best other than hand-made ultra-high-quality super-expensive house brands :).

Google around for reviews/people talking about their cables, they are VERY good, and dirt-cheap :).

Most of monoprice's stuff is definitely above average, but some of their cables are pure crap, especially "some" of their svideo/rg59/component and some of their audio cables/adapters.

OP if they're an inexpensive set of computer multimedia speakers then it may not be worth your time, money and frustration. Otherwise i'm not sure where you can get a thicker gauge 3.5mm cable that's affordably priced.

inexpensive, yes. But it worth th hassle since i got no money to invest into speakers right now.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021802&p_id=648&seq=1&format=2

this is the cable i saw on monoprice. it has a 3.5mm jack one one side, the other, i dont care, i need to cut it.

I bought 3 of the male/male versions of that cable, and they do what they're supposed to do. I mean my God, what do you want out of a stereo miniplug cable? Just get one.

Back