removing case fan (near power supply) from old Antec P180

x509

2[H]4U
I have this old Antec P180 and I need to remove (and replace) the case fans so I can replace them, but the bottom fan won't budge when I push on it.

This case is basically gathering dust right now, so I wanted to use it for my wife's new build. Two of the stock Antec fans have already gone bad on me, so I wanted to replace the third one.

The one fan that i cannot remove is on the bottom of the case, cooling the hard drives in the lower compartment. The fan is in a frame that mounts to the case with four plastic tabs. Pushing the fan to move these tabs to the "open" position doesn't work. The fan won't budge.

What should I do?

TIA, x509

It's been awhile since I disassembled my P180B to replace its fans, but I took a quick peek and next to each of the top two tabs is a slot in the sheet metal, through which you can see black plastic. I believe you push those with a flathead screwdriver to disengage the tabs. I don't want to experiment on it as I have things all nice in there now but I'm pretty sure that's what you do.

It's been awhile since I disassembled my P180B to replace its fans, but I took a quick peek and next to each of the top two tabs is a slot in the sheet metal, through which you can see black plastic. I believe you push those with a flathead screwdriver to disengage the tabs. I don't want to experiment on it as I have things all nice in there now but I'm pretty sure that's what you do.

Thanks. That worked. ;)

Back