Remote user password management

murph

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have any suggestions for the following situation:

User logged into to VPN connection from home and had to change their password on the network. User logs off of laptop, but is then unable to log back in to the laptop. I've had this come up before, but the user has always been able to stop in the office to log onto the domain, but I'd like to know if there is a better way of doing this?

I don't want them to log into the laptop with the admin account obviously, so what is one to do ?

Thanks!

What error is the user getting at logon? I am assuming that because they are out of office that the laptop is caching the password. If that is the case, they should be able to log back in with the old password until they come back into the office and the machine can contact the domain controller and cache the new password.

logo29a said:
What error is the user getting at logon? I am assuming that because they are out of office that the laptop is caching the password. If that is the case, they should be able to log back in with the old password until they come back into the office and the machine can contact the domain controller and cache the new password.

Bingo! That's exactly what is happening...or so I think. Good call, I'll check it out.

logo29a said:

correct. It depends on what you have your cached creditial settings at. When the user logs into VPN you will get a notificationb in the says tray saysing you need to refresh your creditials. Dpeneding on what you use as your vpn appliance you should be able to login to vpn before login so its auth against your domain.

Back