Remote media/music controller?

junglicious

Limp Gawd
I'm not sure what it is called or if it even exist. I was wondering if they make a external controller like a remote controller to control your media/music player like winamp? If not is there any other way to control media/music program remotely without having to do so at the keyboard?

Thanks for taking your time and reading this.

From what I got by the reviews is that the music is streamed from your pc to your home theater and the remote controls the home theater and not the pc itself? I want something that I could remotely control a program like winamp in windows. If that makes any sense? Thanks for the suggestion though.

Harmony Remotes
Touchscreen Jukebox (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1266340)
Sideshow Remotes (allows you to control WMP without having a display ON)

Thanks for the info. From the Harmony line that I read I didn't get anything on controlling your media app with the remote in windows, just a bunch of external devices.

The sideshow remote seems like what I want but does it only support wmp or can it do other media players such as winamp?

Thanks for the info. From the Harmony line that I read I didn't get anything on controlling your media app with the remote in windows, just a bunch of external devices.

The sideshow remote seems like what I want but does it only support wmp or can it do other media players such as winamp?

Correct and yes, SideShow is a Windows Vista technology. (Developers can however write/create applets for SideShow, so once devices become more popular you might see one for Winamp)

Back