Remedy re-releases Death Rally -- for free!

phide

Fully [H]
This game was a real favorite of mine when I was younger. I recall having to go to three game shops to find a copy when it was first released, but all the work getting my copy was totally worth it. The original works well with DOSBox, but this new re-release was rebuilt to run natively in Windows (woo!). From Shacknews:

Remedy Entertainment has released for free the full version of its 1996 top-down combat racing game Death Rally, available in a 42MB download over on FileShack.

The release is ported to run on modern PCs but lacks multiplayer, as Remedy explains "It was built for the modem and IPX network era, and would have needed a full rewrite."

Death Rally was a fine specimen of a top-down racer, with the bonus of upgrading and arming your vehicle to destroy the opposition. Besides, it's not often you get to race against Duke Nukem himself and even shoot up his ride--and live to tell the tale.

Link to the article and to the download at FileShack. There's also a direct link to the download via Remedy Games.

Holy crap the awesomeness! I loved that game a whole lot. So many fun races battling. Such a simple game, but so much fun.

Thanks for the link!

Edit: Awesome they released it for free.... amazing they updated it for free and then released it again for free! Geez...

Back