Release dates for MaxLine III & Barracuda 7200.8?

ZeroBullet

Gawd
Just wondering if there are any approximate release dates floating around, I'd like to build a new computer in the relatively near future :)

i have seen some of the maxtor maxline lll HDs for sale already.

300gb 7200rpm 16megs of cache at zipzoomfly

Thanks.

They want $86 to ship it to Canada though :eek:
I'll wait until some CDN reseller has them in stock heh :)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know (or can speculate) the kind of real world performance advantages these drives will offer? I've seen the benchmarks for the MaxLine III, but those don't really tell me how (if at all) they will improve performance in say, Doom3 or HL2.

ZeroBullet said:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know (or can speculate) the kind of real world performance advantages these drives will offer? I've seen the benchmarks for the MaxLine III, but those don't really tell me how (if at all) they will improve performance in say, Doom3 or HL2.

well it won't improve in game performance, all it would do is help with the load times of games. With that said... you should get a performance boost in normal usage stuff (using programs, etc)

Has anybody heard anything about the release dates for the Seagate 7200.8 series?

hmmyah said:
i have seen some of the maxtor maxline lll HDs for sale already.

300gb 7200rpm 16megs of cache at zipzoomfly

Mine came in from Newegg yesterday. 214.00 Was a breeze to just plug in and start rolling over my 200Gig drive's contents to it. Very quiet drive. Data transfer seems pretty quick as well. Haven't run HD Tach on it yet but I'll try and get some numbers up.

Back