Release date of v5 Xeons (Skylake)?

aphexcoil

Limp Gawd
I'm confused about Intel's constantly changing time-table. I've heard that the Skylake Xeons will be released in 2015 2H and the Broadwell Xeon's will be released 2015 2Q. Is this still the case?

Why would they even bother releasing the Broadwell Xeons if they're just going to release the Skylake ones a couple of months later? I'm assuming Broadwell Xeons will be drop in replacements for Haswell motherboards -- that's the only benefit I can see from going with a Broadwell Xeon.

xeons normally get released on a staggered yearly timetable. e3 haswell xeons were out at the same time as Ivy e5's so a lot depends on what you want. The more desktop based e3's will be 1st - the e5 and e7 enterprise class cpu's will be later

I was going to say something similar... what are you waiting for? E3? E5? E7?

To answer your "Why multiple versions so close..." to make more money.
The same reason there are new versions of laptops, tablets, etc every year so very-close to previous release dates. IE: Surface Pro 3 and now 4 next month.

Sorry, I was referencing the E5 but see that they are referring to the E3's for next year.

I'm also waiting for Skylake Xeon E5's (hopefully the Skylake equivalent to the Haswell E5 -1600)

Anyone know what the current state of the Intel Skylake Xeon road map is?

Back