reinstall

zerogt86

Gawd
long story short, windows really seems to bitch about letting my SATA drive become the C drive, but after many attempts, its finally all set up correctly. 1 small problem remains however, and that is that i need to win xp cd in my cd drive during boot up. If the drive is empty, it says boot disk failure. Should i try and repair the drive with a 'fixboot'(from the repair in the win xp cd)? Any suggestions would be apprieaciated

oh, and if this didnt make much sense, im sorry, but its 2:30 am right now...

i use to have the same problem, easiest solution i came up with was to.... unplug all harddrives except my main sata drive. give that a shot :)

it wasn't made clear in your original post, so i'm gonna ask:

after the install was done, did you change the boot order in BIOS back to boot from the SATA drive instead of the CD? if not, the BIOS may not let you boot from the SATA drive.

no i didnt try the re-order in the bios, but i will do that now.

Also, i did try unpluging everything, but i kept getting bizzare file missing errors from a variety of different xp discs during the install...

update: That did not work, oh, and here is the entire error message. DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER

TheCreator said:
i use to have the same problem, easiest solution i came up with was to.... unplug all harddrives except my main sata drive. give that a shot :)

when you did this, did you just unplug the power cable, or did u disconnect the ide connectors aswell?

update 2: i just tried to repair using the windows disc, and it listed my windows install as D:\Windows, instead of C:\Windows (which it certainly is). This is so damn annoying...

Back