Recommendations on a PSU for a Dell E510

Skids1

Gawd
My new Dell E510 with a 2.8 Dual Core. They come stock with a 305 Watt PSU. I need to know if anyone has upgraded their PSU with a heavier one and what they have used. Im currently looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104155

Per someone's recommendations in the Dell Online Forums from someone else asking the same question. Can anyone add or verify this?

Thanks for the help in advance...

Skids

I think PC Power and Cooling makes a series of power supplies specifically for Dell systems if I remember correctly. I don't know if they've updated for the current lineup or anything like that, but that'd be about the only one I know of offhand that has made anything specifically for Dells.

SamuraiInBlack said:
I think PC Power and Cooling makes a series of power supplies specifically for Dell systems if I remember correctly. I don't know if they've updated for the current lineup or anything like that, but that'd be about the only one I know of offhand that has made anything specifically for Dells.

Ditto. I'd get a PPPC if I were to buy a new PSU for any system.

Have fun upgrading a dell PSU, I heard many a' times that it is more of a mod than an upgrade, meaning that metal was cut/bent/replaced.

Back