Recommendations for i7-6700k

Marcm

n00b
Hello.

I'm upgrading my PC and will be installing (actually, the IT expert at my office will be installing) an i7-6700K processor. Can anyone suggest an appropriate motherboard? I am NOT a gamer and I'd like to keep the price at about $200.00 or less.

Thanks very much.

Consider the Asus Z170-E or Z170-AR. Both would be more than adequate. Noting they're ATX size boards, so make sure your case is a standard ATX case/supports it.

Ive been eyeing the Giga Z170-Gaming 7 as I am looking to upgrade as well. So far, I think its the front runner for me. Give it a look.

That said if you do not plan on overclocking, no care for the onboard sound (or use a pci/external), or have no use/want for 2 ethernet ports, there are many boards that are cheaper. sub $200 board will get you quite a bit on the Z170 platform.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I think I'm leaning toward the Gigabyte motherboard.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

You have a really excellent motherboard around 150$, the Z170 extreme 4. good specs for the price.

you can get a lot for your money by going with asrock... just saying

ASRock Z170 Extreme4 is a really good board. Solid with a M2pcieX4 slot and arguably the best on-board sound a motherboard has these days. Intel gigabit NIC and it looks good. I have my 6700k @ 4600mhz no sweat. The board cost me 85$ after rebate from Microcenter. Worth every freaking penny. And ASRock just released a bios update for it to support KabyLake. Good company making good stuff...yes please.

ASUS, Gigabyte, ASRock all offer great feature packed motherboards at the $200 and under price point. Can't really go wrong with any of them.

Ive been eyeing the Giga Z170-Gaming 7 as I am looking to upgrade as well. So far, I think its the front runner for me. Give it a look..

It's a great motherboard, lots of features and looks nice but be warned its really picky about its memory when compared to other boards. Be sure to stick with the QVL for memory otherwise you might deal with a lot of blue screens like I did and make several trips to the store... I'm stuck with slow memory for now since that's all they had at the store at the time. I'll eventually get around to upgrading the memory...

Back