Recommendation for PC Case that supports large GPUs RTX 4080 with at least 4 HDD bays

psy81

Gawd
Most modern cases do not provide much HDD bays these days to make room for larger cards and most of the older cases cannot fit modern GPUs due to HDD cages.

Can anyone recommend a good PC case that can fit 4 HDD comfortably and 1 SSD that provides plenty of room for a larger GPU (i.e. RTX 4080)?

I plan to eventually pair my RTX 4080 with my 6700k system (when I upgrade the RTX 4080 in a few years). The 6700k system currently is in a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe but this case can't fit a RTX 4080.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ideally midtower or dual chamber case but willing to look at full tower as well.

Thanks!

The newer Phanteks full towers can (719 aka Luxe 2 or Enthoo Pro II).

Lian li O11 XL will. Has a real midtower size to it.

I think some of the Fractals will, certainly the Define 7 and 7 XL and whatever others are made from the same chassis (not the torrent, though).

Reactions: psy81
like this
Antec 300 might fit the bill...think I had a build back in 2019 with a Quadro P6000 in it....4080 much bigger ?

LianLi V3000+

In the lower chamber you have 2x4 bays.
I switch around a lot of hardware so i have elevated mine on this:
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/VASAGLE-Shoe-Bench-Shelves-Entrance/dp/B07SM4ZT2L
That in combination with the tooless case door makes fiddling around in the case a real treat.

2x hidden 2.5 ssd slots
and 4 in the front:
20230502_134615.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Define 7 XL can have up to 18 3.5 drives, you can mount 4 in the psu cage, or a bunch at the top of the case. (I know Grebuloner already mentioned it, just expanding on it as a happy customer)

like this
Antec 300 might fit the bill...think I had a build back in 2019 with a Quadro P6000 in it....4080 much bigger ?
I still have an Antec 300 and its way too small due to the hard drive cages. My RTX 4080 is 356mm or 14 inches long

The Define 7 XL can have up to 18 3.5 drives, you can mount 4 in the psu cage, or a bunch at the top of the case. (I know Grebuloner already mentioned it, just expanding on it as a happy customer)

I think its come down to the Define 7 XL or Lian Li o11 Dynamic XL although leaning towards the latter

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
and here was me thinking the define was kinda pricey at 300 cad :)

Though if you want, it's only 600 on here.

like this
+1 for the Lian Li O11D XL/Evo cases. My 4090 fits easily in my Evo (smaller than the XL) which can hold up to six 3.5" HDDs.

like this
use neweggs search to find what youre looking for and then shop around for best price. putting 4 drives and 400mm+ gpu gave me 4 pages of results....

like this
use neweggs search to find what youre looking for and then shop around for best price. putting 4 drives and 400mm+ gpu gave me 4 pages of results....
Always worth digging deeper, though. Some of those GPU numbers are with bays removed, or the silly installing of drives at the bottom of the MB blocking slots.

like this
Back