Recommend small ITX case - USB3.0 and no GPU

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my almost 9 year-old E8400 system from the ground up. The old system is in a JouJye NU-0528I-B case but for the new system I wanted to go smaller again with maybe a pico PSU. New system must also take a standard i3 or 15 CPU. I had been looking at the mini-box M350 but then realised It's front panel USB is 2.0 rather than 3.0 which is a dealbreaker for me. Can anyone suggest another small case?

You could try the Antec ISK 300-150 or 310-150. There's NUCs as well if you wanted to go even smaller. What were you planning to use it for?

You could try the Antec ISK 300-150 or 310-150. There's NUCs as well if you wanted to go even smaller. What were you planning to use it for?

I want a functional PC for whatever I throw at it bar gaming, so browsing, streaming, video encoding and playback, office duties, etc will be it's main uses. I have an empty bifenix prodigy in the house doing nothing and it would house all the drives I have nicely, but I'm reluctant to actually go with something that big and can't for the life of me figure out the point of an itx case that large as it's the equivalent size to many matx cases.

Those two Antec cases would be bigger than what I'm currently using, I'd rather either go the same again with a USB 3.0 model or else with something a lot smaller like the mini-box m350 Universal - I was just about to buy the m350 when I realised it had only USB 2.0.

If you do not need graphics, then Mini STX would be better than Mini ITX. Consider the ASRock DeskMini 110, which features Mini STX built-in or the SIlverstone SST-VT01B, which is compatible with Mini STX motherboards.

If you do not need graphics, then Mini STX would be better than Mini ITX. Consider the ASRock DeskMini 110, which features Mini STX built-in or the SIlverstone SST-VT01B, which is compatible with Mini STX motherboards.

Thanks yes, the DeskMini 110 looks pretty good with USB 3.0, plus NVMe and SATA HDD, with Intel ethernet.
I had ordered and received an Optiplex 3040 micro which has USB 3.0 x 4 and USB 2.0 x 2 but it has only one SATA3 connector for storage and Broadcom ethernet. I had thought it fairly limited for storage so I intend returning it to Dell and I had thought to get what I need I would have to build my own ITX system but now looking at this Asrock, it might be what I'm looking for. I'm wondering will there be any H170 or Q170 STX boards.

Last edited:
Back