Recomend a business class ISP - Nashville area?

Berg0

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi Guys,

The company I work for has some branch offices down in the states (I work in our datacenter in Canada). One of my branch offices will be growing quite a bit from it's current size over the next year. Currently about 20 users there, and we may end up with double that in a little over a years time.

Bandwidth utilization isn't very heavy, but we do use a hosted VOIP solution, so latency and jitter are important. They also connect to the AD, exchange, and file server here in Canada over a site to site IPsec VPN tunnel

I was thinking a bonjded pair of T1's, but we'd start getting pretty close to maxing that out soon. Currently have a comcast business line, but it's horrible, keeps going down.

Any recomendations for who to use? Office is in Franklin, near Nashville.

Average utilization this week:
nashville.png

I dont like how ISP's have a monopoly over specific areas of the country.

I dont like how ISP's have a monopoly over specific areas of the country.

agree with you 100%, but it's the sad truth. I've got next to no idea what is available down there, I might end up going through a bandwidth broker, but if someone from here is in the area, or has worked in the area, they may be able to steer me in the right direction. looking online isn't much help, as all the info is rather bias / marketing BS.

If comcast is the cable provider there ditch the business cable line and see about getting some fibre run into your building. Over the last 4 years I've worked at two places that have used fibre-based internect connectivity, it's rock solid and totally scale-able. You can start off at 10Mbs but if you need more, it's a phone call then 30min later you're at 20Mbs or whatever.

Something like this probably: http://business.comcast.com/ethernet/dedicated-internet.aspx

I've got comcast enterprise doing a fibre site survey for me, if the build out costs are low enough, they'll actually offer a 5Mb service, which would be perfect. Scales up to 100Mb with a few business days notice.

Back